Embedded Control Concepts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markws

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Embedded Control Concepts BCS-460 for my brew system (while in the US).

After my luggage being delayed (for 5 days at JFK airport) I finally had an opportunity this weekend to assemble the system and configure it to be wireless and accessible via by Apple itouch using a third party software from BrewBuddy.

So far everything works a treat and has the capacity to monitor the system via the internet. Next step is to build the electrical wiring with solid state relay to control my fridges and other aspects of my brewing process.

Totally over the top in terms of what is needed!!!! But plenty of fun. Probably now the weakest link is the D-Link wireless router which appears to have poor signal strength. I most likely will move across to a Linksys.

I have attached a couple of pics - PC and itouch monitoring the system (wirelessly) and the 'old school' (BNArmy) fermentation fridge with router and ECC.

fridge.JPG

ECC___itouch.JPG

I recently purchased the Embedded Control Concepts BCS-460 for my brew system (while in the US).

After my luggage being delayed (for 5 days at JFK airport) I finally had an opportunity this weekend to assemble the system and configure it to be wireless and accessible via by Apple itouch using a third party software from BrewBuddy.

So far everything works a treat and has the capacity to monitor the system via the internet. Next step is to build the electrical wiring with solid state relay to control my fridges and other aspects of my brewing process.

Totally over the top in terms of what is needed!!!! But plenty of fun. Probably now the weakest link is the D-Link wireless router which appears to have poor signal strength. I most likely will move across to a Linksys.

I have attached a couple of pics - PC and itouch monitoring the system (wirelessly) and the 'old school' (BNArmy) fermentation fridge with router and ECC.

Good to see another fellow brewer using ECC's 460 to control their brewing systems. I use it to run my HERMS and fermentation fridge. Visually great, accurate and simple to use. Have made approx. 20 beers using it and the only issue I have had was my old computer freezing every now and then while using it. Not a problem as the system continues as nothing has happened, only frustrating having to restart the computer.

Hey that's cool.

Do we get the IP address so that everyone can watch your brew?

Imagine the real time advice that this could generate.

I can see the questions on the site, no longer, what's the recipe etc, but-"download the HTML of the whole brew and I'll provide a detailed report"

Next.....continuous SG monitoring..

That's not a bad idea.

Lemon

Awesome electronic brew p0rn there. Will have a look when I get home, work PC runs IE hence it wont work I suspect.

Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back