• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about you Batz but I reckon the grain will get through the holes in that sieve.............. :D

Yep have to be a course crack.......That's open to interpretation as well I suppose? :p

Sounds like SWMBO..................god I'l pay for that :rolleyes:

Probably only of interest to Adelaideans...

Magical_Snap___2012.08.14_20.39___001.jpg

5.740 metre lengths of new 304 stainless steel tubing for $16.50 per length (16mm OD, 1mm wall thickness).

Pick-up only (from Gepps Cross in Adelaide).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel...=item337a4031f0

If you're close breakbeer by you can have my basket, I don't use it anymore

It is a bit small for a boil though isn't it? 40L?
Are there any others closer to the 50L mark on sale?

What would be the ideal for a standards 5 gallon batch?

When you say 5 gallons are you referring to

5 US gallons approx 19 Litres or
5 UK or Australian gallons , before we went metric approx 23 Litres

I had no problems with a 20 Litre Batch BIAB, bag would sit in the basket for easy removal and to keep it off the bottom when heating to mash out.

I had no problems with a 20 Litre Batch BIAB, bag would sit in the basket for easy removal and to keep it off the bottom when heating to mash out.

Thanks ampy. I might hang out for a larger one though.

R

30L Urn

Whats everyones thoughts on this? Looks fairly cheap.

Looking at making 23L BIAB brews.
Currently using a stovetop and 20L pot. Would this 30L urn do full volume brews without having to sparge?

30L Urn

Whats everyones thoughts on this? Looks fairly cheap.

Looking at making 23L BIAB brews.
Currently using a stovetop and 20L pot. Would this 30L urn do full volume brews without having to sparge?

Don't do it, those urns come with a bad rep!! If money is really tight buy an alloy crab cooker and install an element, should get change from $150.

If you want to do no sparge you really need 40 ltrs, the higher liquir to grain ration is where the magic happens!!

If you're close breakbeer by you can have my basket, I don't use it anymore

DOH! I just bought it on Saturday, the Managers Special had finished but the lower price tag was still on it so she gave it to me for the $65 price. Free woulda been pretty schweet though. Thanks for the offer!

Just so it's clear, I'm not using the 40L pot, just the basket which will hold the BIAB bag and sit inside my 70L s/s pot

Stir Plate

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ME:B:SS:AU:1123

looks a bit of a home made job to me, despite the description.

Item specifics
Condition: Manufacturer refurbished: An item that has been professionally restored to working order by a manufacturer or manufacturer-approved seller or retailer. This means the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in the original packaging. See the sellers listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition

Latest posts

Back