• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering DB is a NZ brewery, i assume that collection would be the responsibility of the distributor over here? I don't know how these things work, just figure it would be along those lines.

Seems a bit odd the Kiwis left the empties over here - you could mint half the coinage of the New Zealand economy from the metal in those kegs. :rolleyes:

(OT - In one of DB Breweries plants they use this intersting continuous brewing process where a series of fermentors are interconnected. They feed wort in one end and take beer out the other for months on end. Often thought of trying to replicate this on a small home brew scale but don't really have the space)

"trips the power when plugged in"

I wouldn't touch it unless I wanted scrap metal.

At least he's honest :p

if you were a sparky it'd be a good buy i reckon. could just be the amps its drawing.

At least he's honest :p

if you were a sparky it'd be a good buy i reckon. could just be the amps its drawing.

true about honesty, that is unless his sparkie did look at it and say "too expensive"

I would think that it is the safety being triggered, which means that there is a short between something and earth. Given that it is all metal then almost all of it would be earthed so the fault could anywhere.

I think we'll find that DB Beweries and Drinkworks (their Australian distributor) will be trying to reclaim their kegs.
The interesting thing is, if they'll have the auction pulled before it closes, and if not what happens to both the Ebay seller and the person who 'buys' them from him.

I think we'll find that DB Beweries and Drinkworks (their Australian distributor) will be trying to reclaim their kegs.
The interesting thing is, if they'll have the auction pulled before it closes, and if not what happens to both the Ebay seller and the person who 'buys' them from him.

Ebay flags it as suss.

Ebay pulls from auction, ends the sale and any bids.

Bidder gets notified that something smells off, and "your bids are no longer valid email"

Seller gets referred to feds.

Butt probing ensues. Seller DOES NOT profit.

Found that after bidding on that bloke from Collingwoods SS Kegs the other week.

Ebay flags it as suss.

Ebay pulls from auction, ends the sale and any bids.
Yes, but with 20 hours to go on a weekend, I'm not sure how quick that process is, or if it will even happen in this case.
I just hope someone from here does not get burned if things to tits-up, it will either be a great buy or a total dud.

The dude recounted had 19kegs so about 31.95 is each pretty good deal wonder if the person who bought them is going to keep them all lol have a massive cool room and have 10 on tap and have 9 for reserves :)

Latest posts

Back