• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on eBay. It's an insulated tea urn that has a stainless filter to presumably place tea leaves in.
Why couldn't you use the filter to steep grain in and then add malt extract and hops as you normally would with mini mashes.
Who thinks this could work?
You'd obviously be pretty limited with the amount of grain you could steep.
I'm interested in what you guys think. Check it out.

Stainless insulated urn

I won this item for $65 but now the guy won't sell it to me. Sent me an email saying ' I can't sell this item for such a low price, its $150 if you're interested". Stayed up all night waiting for that auction to end too!
Lodge an ebay complaint. Its ur right to do so.

Agreed, screw him, that the risk you run on ebay, think most of us have lost and won on ebay and it all comes out in the wash!!

Lodge the complaint

Already lodged a complaint. I don't want the guy to sell 'my' pot in the time it takes to sort it out, so i wanna sort it out quickly.

Ebay will give out contact details of people who don't hold up their end of the bargain so i should be able to get his phone number next week sometime.

Its a pretty dodgy practice not coming up with the goods, he should've put a reserve price on it if he didn't want it to be sold cheaply, i think it costrs an extra dollar.

Tell him you'll give him 150, that way you will get his address as well as phone number.

Just wait until he lists it again and bid $500, when you win tell you can't pay that much and offer him $65.00 :lol:

I won this item for $65 but now the guy won't sell it to me. Sent me an email saying ' I can't sell this item for such a low price, its $150 if you're interested". Stayed up all night waiting for that auction to end too!
Tell him he is risking negative feedback. Also report him to E-Bay they will deal with him. Take it from me :)

Steve

Tell him he is risking negative feedback. Also report him to E-Bay they will deal with him. Take it from me :)

Steve

yeah good advice here.... i had a similar thing happen, although drove an hour to pick up a product only to get there and be told he couldnt let it go at that price....

the threat of negative feedback and being reported to ebay was enough to change his mind.... he did have a lot more feedback at risk that your guy though....

good luck....

Click this link, enter his user ID name and the listing no. and ebay will email you instantly I believe, his contact details.
he gets a email too, so be prepared to call otherwise once he gets the email he may start screening his calls.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ebayadvsearch/?...d=1&_ipg=50

Already lodged a complaint. I don't want the guy to sell 'my' pot in the time it takes to sort it out, so i wanna sort it out quickly.

Ebay will give out contact details of people who don't hold up their end of the bargain so i should be able to get his phone number next week sometime.

Its a pretty dodgy practice not coming up with the goods, he should've put a reserve price on it if he didn't want it to be sold cheaply, i think it costrs an extra dollar.

People like this get my blood boiling!!... you really do have to take action.
We should all flood his messages. Teach this prick a lesson! :angry:

If the pot is for AG then i'd be looking at a 40L pot at least, a 50 one would be ideal. Check out alquip, their prices are pretty good.

For me, doing a full volume BIAB mash, my boil volume is often up to 30L - and you want a fair bit of headroom to allow for hop/mineral additions. They tend to create a volcano effect if you don't have enough space. And believe me, losing precious wort is the least of your worries - that stuff is sticky as hell and will give you 3rd degree burns if it gets on you. Not worth the $50 saving in my book!

Back