• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reckon there will be a few 'watching' this one. I can only wish unfortunately.

not ebay, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for...

I was after a couple of camping mats to insulate my HLT and mash tun. After seeing someone on here comment BCF had them for $12 I went there. Our local had none, just some fancy $79 ones.

Sams warehouse currently has camping mats for $5.99 each

http://catalogues.samswarehouse.com.au/por...&gotopage=1

Perfect height for my mash tun too

14032012936.jpg

That was me, kev, and it ended up being an online price. $14 in store. Oh well. If I need another one I know where to go!

Apart from the chance of infecting your beer with Botulism, do these camp mats melt to your kettle if used as insulation?

Steve

I had one that didn't melt.. but if any wort gets between the mat and the wall of the kettle they stick like glue.

not ebay, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for...

I was after a couple of camping mats to insulate my HLT and mash tun. After seeing someone on here comment BCF had them for $12 I went there. Our local had none, just some fancy $79 ones.

Sams warehouse currently has camping mats for $5.99 each

http://catalogues.samswarehouse.com.au/por...&gotopage=1

Perfect height for my mash tun too

View attachment 53050
Hey cheaper than $8 at our 2 dollar shop. Is that poxy blue the only colour they come in?
Edit: ok they come in lime green and pink frosting as well
<_<

I've used the Kmart 'double thick' ones at $8 each. Work well, and come in an attractive double sided colour scheme - green one side, grey the other.

Cheers

That was me, kev, and it ended up being an online price. $14 in store. Oh well. If I need another one I know where to go!

I was happy to pay $12, luckily the local BCF didn't have them

Apart from the chance of infecting your beer with Botulism, do these camp mats melt to your kettle if used as insulation?

Steve

There are a lot of people who use them, the Botulism is saved for the no-chill cubes to produce

I had one that didn't melt.. but if any wort gets between the mat and the wall of the kettle they stick like glue.

That's why I like the idea of a simple mat, remove after every brew for a 5 min clean up

Hey cheaper than $8 at our 2 dollar shop. Is that poxy blue the only colour they come in?
Edit: ok they come in lime green and pink frosting as well
<_<

Thats hot pants blue, please B)

I've used the Kmart 'double thick' ones at $8 each. Work well, and come in an attractive double sided colour scheme - green one side, grey the other.

Cheers

mmm, if they are double thickness too, I would have gone that way

Qldkev, that a 70l cb pot?

Nope a 100L with a base extension to house the concealed element RIMS setup

Of course I paid too much for it....

Finger was far too trigger happy at the time ^_^

25% difference for 6 bob isnt so bad, luckily it wasnt a big purchase.

Thanks for the heads up none the less CM

Did you end up drilling any holes in yours? I was thinking of a couple of large ones in the middle and a couple of smaller ones either side. Or maybe just stick with 2-3 larger holes in the middle and be done with it...

Sponge

Did you end up drilling any holes in yours? I was thinking of a couple of large ones in the middle and a couple of smaller ones either side. Or maybe just stick with 2-3 larger holes in the middle and be done with it...
Sponge
nah, i didnt bother. i hadnt seemed to have a need to do so yet. no dough balls thanks goodness. works fine as is

Lovely.

Wasnt sure if there was a problem with dough balls with such a solid flat surface.

The drill bit may be saved yet...

Sponge

Back