• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
226L Stainless Pot

600mm x 800mm, 304 stainless with welded handles. Bids only at $199 with a bit over a day to go, though it may take somones fancy. Christ, you could live in the thing :D

Cheers - boingk

well i had a bid in on one of thes i hope the person that just sniped my bid with 1 sec to go was not from this board :(

Pretty sure that's the one that was listed for $1200 a week-or-so ago, and someone here did tell him he was dreaming. :)

yep it is the same one and i even sent him i email through ebay telling him that there was 2 ot thos for a week or so ago and the went for $75 for both and i thought that was to much

got no reply from him lol

i love the way he says Quote "MISFORTUNATE MEDICAL ISSUES HAVE ARISEN THIS BEING THE REASON FOR THIS URGENT SALE" end quote

urgent sale LOL 2nd time he has put it up for auction at more than 20 times what it is worth and its a "
URGENT SALE" LOL

yep it is the same one and i even sent him i email through ebay telling him that there was 2 ot thos for a week or so ago and the went for $75 for both and i thought that was to much

got no reply from him lol

i love the way he says Quote "MISFORTUNATE MEDICAL ISSUES HAVE ARISEN THIS BEING THE REASON FOR THIS URGENT SALE" end quote

urgent sale LOL 2nd time he has put it up for auction at more than 20 times what it is worth and its a "
URGENT SALE" LOL

Classic, so he is dreaming! Gotta love the morons who think they can con hard earned dosh about of people just because it's on ebay.

Hopper.

Gotta love the morons who think they can con hard earned dosh about of people just because it's on ebay.

These are hard financial times and there are plenty of people out there with cash in hand with no mortgages. (I am one of them, however, I intend to keep it all and accumulate more till I die!)

Then you must consider opportunists, not the thieving types, like those GC people who think they are Don Johnson and in that Miami Vice TV show from the 80's. "For every seat, there is an ass!" So asking price for stuff is unlimited when it comes to be arrogant and taking money from fools! (I'm just telling it like it is again, so get offended if you like) I assume no one here is a fool, but there is people out there that will buy anything on impulse.

Those kegs do have a value of $20-$30. They are 3 mm wall SS and make great outside fire places on legs with a chimney, boilers and stills. They are also very heavy and hard to find!

Valid points Carb.

I guess the only way to test 'market value' of an item sometimes is to go out and stick a price on something and see if someone will buy. If they don't then it's not at a suitable going rate.

By the sound of this guy on ebay, he hasn't got the message from the 'no-sell' earlier and adjusted his price accordingly. I guess he's figured he'll fish until he reels one in. Could be fishing a while though!

As long as buyers out there do their research they won't get stung - I guess that's the beauty of a site like this one. We can check a price on an item with other like minded people and get the best deal going.

Cheers, :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

Just a heads up...

Hops for sale on ebay. Last week you were bidding on a kilo, this week it is 500 grams. Not specified in the top of the add, have to read down the page. Shipping cost stayed the same.

A bit of trickery I think.
I'm not sure about trickery, since they are new unlinked-auctions, and the vendor clearly stated - on these forums - that they'd be offering 500gm bags the next time they posted on ebay. However, since it's the same price as the 1kg lots a week or so ago, (and the starting-price is also the same as you can order directly) it's put me off bidding on their ebay stuff.

I love the comments in the history about the missus that is long gone.......GOLD.

Latest posts

Back