• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Refrigerated, Single Tap Beer Chiller.

"New, Never Used"

"Ex-show room stock" .

Includes tap.

Starting bid $300 local pick up Melbourne, or + $45 Australia Post Express Delivery.

Edit: Link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beer-Chiller-Single-tap-/191306287503?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item2c8abe498f

beer chiller.jpg

Hey guys,
Dont know if this is the right place to have a rant but as its Ebay related thought I'd put it in here.

I purchased 2x rex pids just over 5 weeks ago and am still waiting to receive them. Following a few emails back and forth they first lied to me about where the parcel was saying that
they checked with their postal company and they said it was in Aussie customs and will take about 6 days to get released. So when I asked for the tracking number they said they
wouldnt give it to me cuz the purchase was less than $40. They then said if im not happy I could either have a refund or they will post more. I waited till Friday as this was my cut off
point. 25 working days. There page says after 22 working days they will give full refund. So now that I want my refund they are happy to give it back but as long as I promise to give them
the money back when the items finally do arrive.

Is this ok or should I take it further with Ebay. I dont want to be a Wa%@er about it but feel I should be in my rights to get my refund back whether the items arrive or not.

Cheers
Macca

That's pretty typical for China's postal service. They should show up, but they may not. I've had stuff take 2 months or more.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Aussie Home Brewer mobile app

macca05 said:
Hey guys,
Dont know if this is the right place to have a rant but as its Ebay related thought I'd put it in here.

I purchased 2x rex pids just over 5 weeks ago and am still waiting to receive them. Following a few emails back and forth they first lied to me about where the parcel was saying that
they checked with their postal company and they said it was in Aussie customs and will take about 6 days to get released. So when I asked for the tracking number they said they
wouldnt give it to me cuz the purchase was less than $40. They then said if im not happy I could either have a refund or they will post more. I waited till Friday as this was my cut off
point. 25 working days. There page says after 22 working days they will give full refund. So now that I want my refund they are happy to give it back but as long as I promise to give them
the money back when the items finally do arrive.

Is this ok or should I take it further with Ebay. I dont want to be a Wa%@er about it but feel I should be in my rights to get my refund back whether the items arrive or not.

Cheers
Macca
if they give refund no worries. I have had purchases where it took more than 5 weeks. At that time I insisted on refund, got it, received goods later and repaid.

So whats the point in getting the refund. My understanding is so I can purchase them through another company but if I have to pay them back I may as well just wait for the items to arrive

It's your choice, if you get a refund and they show up you should be entitled to Tell them they can arrange collection at their own cost. You've not received reasonable service (item + postage) and have been refunded so it's no longer your problem.

Their 'condition' that you repay is rubbish.

practicalfool said:
It's your choice, if you get a refund and they show up you should be entitled to Tell them they can arrange collection at their own cost. You've not received reasonable service (item + postage) and have been refunded so it's no longer your problem.

Their 'condition' that you repay is rubbish.
Thanks mate,
That was what I was trying to get at. Your last sentence is what I wanted to hear.
Cheers

Part of the issue is some (chinese) ebay retailers faff around with various excuses/dialog to waste time until the time to post feedback has expired (45 or 60 days?), so the buyer who got jibbed cannot post negative ratings. And then they don't care.

My experience is that i've had a big variance in delivery time from china - anywhere from almost 1 week, to 2 days after their estimated range (5 wks?). I've only once had a faulty product (jewellery scales, didn't work). They ended up refunding the full amount, but initially wanted to just repay ~half the cost, as they said some bollocks about losing money on both the product and the postage. I stuck to my guns about them being required by ebay to repay the full amount, as well as their own refund policy. It all ended fine, but was a bit surprised they tried to pull a swifty by refunding only 50%.

Re: your situation about getting a refund then giving it back to them if the product arrives, it's your call really. Seems only fair to give them the money they earned if you get your product; and you get the (temporary) reassurance of the refund in case it doesn't arrive. Maybe a bit different if you're desperate to get it in a specific time, but that's the deal with buying cheap stuff from china and not your LHBS. Not giving you the tracking number is bollocks - I get one for items under $5. My 2c.

Latest posts

Back