• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this seller has been bidding on his/her own items with another account.

Yeah check out the activity in the pic below of bidder "9***7". Seems to only be bidding on gear from "earthmovingaus
s.gif
".... DODGY!!!

Bid_History.JPG

Good work ! Can't put one over AHBers, now catch him out !

Batz

Good work ! Can't put one over AHBers, now catch him out !

Batz

I noticed the same Dodgy-ness on lots of sales of gear on eBay. There is definite "gaming" of the prices. I was seriously looking at large coolers on there but saw the same gaming going on.

I'm only miffed that prices rose across the board at alquip on all items. I was really ready to jump on a 120L stockpot! :p

Keg Listing

Oh this user snapped at me, now im getting nasty email LoL.

I said "You should stop bidding on your own items. "
They replyed "Be carefull what you accuse me of. Its people like you that cause dramas on ebay and give it a bad name. user "GRAHAMINVIC" should not part of ebay. I recommend that all who read this to boycot this user due to false accusations made by this user. I am also going to report your slander to ebay. "

They also added it to the Questions and Answers down the bottom of the page. And a stack more that they aren't adding to Q's and A's.

This would sugest guilty even more.

BOOM item #320391174417 has been reported

Reason for Report: Fraudulent listing

Detailed Reason: Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price (Shill Bidding)

Comments: Suspicious bid history

edit: Would everyone care to report one of this sellers' sale items?

Reason for Report: Fraudulent listing

Detailed Reason: Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price (Shill Bidding)

Comments: Suspicious bid history

edit: Would everyone care to report one of this sellers' sale items?

I'v Reported too, Hope the user is using the same connection for both accounts then ebay can prove it.

I'v Reported too, Hope the user is using the same connection for both accounts then ebay can prove it.
Great work guys. I love it when a plan comes together. Hannibal_2.jpg

Seem like this seller soon have the tittle - "No longer a registered user."

I'm wondering if the 2 accounts (seller/Buyer) are from the same IP?

I noticed the same Dodgy-ness on lots of sales of gear on eBay. There is definite "gaming" of the prices. I was seriously looking at large coolers on there but saw the same gaming going on.

Was it this seller? http://myworld.ebay.com.au/buys-online/

Im new to this ebay thing and dont know how the hell you work out if this sort of stuff is going on.
Can someone with a bit of experience (seems to be plenty here) check out this seller any give me their opinion.

Gregor

slander is spoken. liable is written. idiot ebay seller.

Seem like this seller soon have the tittle - "No longer a registered user."

I'm wondering if the 2 accounts (seller/Buyer) are from the same IP?

One would assume so.
"shill" bidding is when you bid on your own items to push the price up.

Yeah check out the activity in the pic below of bidder "9***7". Seems to only be bidding on gear from "earthmovingaus
s.gif
".... DODGY!!!

View attachment 28646

Am I missing something here - yeah seller is a tool with 100% call BUT how do you know who is bidding on what?? I don't see it in the pic above... or any other history on each item I have looked onto??

FFS, no affiliation just wondering how you guys are reading ebay in such a detailed manner??

:blink:

Latest posts

Back