• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a silly question but I'll only know by asking, is ball-lock better than pin-lock? or just more popular? Can you run both sorts on one system?

Ball lock is just more common. You can run both at the same time, you just need different "Quick Disconnect" on the end of you gas and beer lines. Ball lock style for your ball lock kegs and pink lock style for your pin lock kegs.

Other than the fitting there is practically nothing different. They all work the same.

Its an advantage if all your kegs are either pin or ball as then you only need one type of disconnect but if you have both it may be worth the bother to either swapping the fittings on the keg itself from wither pin to ball, or ball to pin to suit the majority or if you already have the QD's you can just install a John Guest in line disconnect that allows you to swap from your ball-lock QD to your Pin QD (e.g Hose-JG fitting and Hose-PinQD and Hose-BallQD..allowing you to attach either the PinQD or BallQD hose to the JG fitting when needed). Hope this makes sense. I had this set up for ages when half my kegs were pin and half ball. I have no changed the fittings to all ball-lock...but in theory I didnt have to.

Pok

Be very careful buying these, I have a Homark and the parts are almost impossible to find as they aren't made anymore, also with the horizontal mounted pump they are pretty hard to mount unless you have a reasonably wide bar.

Andrew

:icon_offtopic:

I recommend Alistair at www.beerengines.com , got parts for my Homark Horizontal Halfpint engine easily enough.

cheers

grant

Be very careful buying these, I have a Homark and the parts are almost impossible to find as they aren't made anymore, also with the horizontal mounted pump they are pretty hard to mount unless you have a reasonably wide bar.

Andrew
Yes they are absolute crap. I wouldnt even bother bidding on them. The cost get them over from the UK could be thousands. They could have some sort of infection that could totally ruin your brewery. So I wouldnt even bid on them OK. ;)

Cheers Brad

Yes they are absolute crap. I wouldnt even bother bidding on them. The cost get them over from the UK could be thousands. They could have some sort of infection that could totally ruin your brewery. So I wouldnt even bid on them OK. ;)

Cheers Brad

Lol, I only posted them for this exact reason, I mean, if his quoted shipping of 34GBP was any less than a few thousand aud I would've got em myself :lol:

what's a beer engine? turbo charged beer tap? :)

nah its what poms use to serve their warm flat ales. dont want any co2 pressure or it might get too carbonated ;)

beer engine to normal keg setup is like a pump hand spray bottle to an aerosol can.

Back