• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Wikipedia:
In the mid 1990s, the Lion Nathan brewery in Australia produced a beer called Duff. 20th Century Fox brought legal action against the company. The product was ordered to be pulled from store shelves and destroyed, because of the likely association in public mind between the Simpsons brand and characters and Lion Nathan's product, though the manufacturer did not use any Simpsons characters or the Simpsons Duff Beer design. The beer became a collectors' item in the process, with one case selling for US$13,000.

View attachment 54149

Came across a Duff Beer in Columbia last year, great copy straight off The Simpsons

Found the link to their website http://www.duffsudamerica.com/

Offer made!

Now, Rowy. You make sure you use that equipment for good instead of evil, ya hear ;) .
Looks like a Harris reg, and probably Rheem kegs so their all good.

Now, Rowy. You make sure you use that equipment for good instead of evil, ya hear ;) .
Looks like a Harris reg, and probably Rheem kegs so their all good.

Got a Leibherr kegerator hardly used for $100.00 today Perry. I'll have to get the gear to go with it now!

Be aware they are not ball lock kegs more brewers use and would require a keg coupler.
And a way to remove/install the spear, and maybe even the spear for the first one, there is not one included in the pictures.

I actually brought these the other week not realising the spear was missing from one, another one had a damaged spear, I drove out to wallan, took a look and said hold on....

I called keg king and you can get new spears for $17 or a second hand one for like $3(i asked twice). but you'll have to buy a $40 coupler (s type) for each keg assuming you want to run multiple beers so in the end at the $20 each for an untested keg i won them for it works out about $10 cheaper than buying a reconditioned, pressure tested keg from grain and grape.

hence i cancelled the sale

I actually brought these the other week not realising the spear was missing from one, another one had a damaged spear, I drove out to wallan, took a look and said hold on....

hence i cancelled the sale

You would also need to verify that they actually own the kegs that they are selling - these brewery kegs are nearly always owned by ... well .... the breweries.

It is a serious crime to receive and deal in stolen goods.

Latest posts

Back