eBay corny keg post leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smotgon

Reaction score
Hi guys I bought 2 new corny kegs from eBay and this is the issue in having from both beer posts I have also replaced both o rings with thicker ones as the disconnects where leaking too. But not sure if it's the brand new eBay disconnects that were the issue or what but the new orings fixed that problem...

thats your popets mate.
try reseating them it happens occasional
if not unscrew the post and check the seals in the post

This has happened to me if I didn't screw them in hard enough, or if the poppet wasn't quite sitting properly (which happened once because I didn't screw it in hard enough...)

Try taking it off and on again and make sure it's real tight - and sitting properly.

I had the same problem on one (secondhand) keg. Every time I removed the disconnect it would have a little leak and I would have adjust the position of the poppet to make it seal properly. Replaced the poppet, all good now.

Si the poppet is the Center pin section of the post right? I pushed it a couple times with my finger nail to stop flow but no good...

yes they are normally they are a mushroom head item with a rubber seal depending on which one.

Si the poppet is the Center pin section of the post right? I pushed it a couple times with my finger nail to stop flow but no good...
Undo the whole thing (you might need a deep socket wrench thingo - take your keg to bunnings and can pick one up for $15 if you don't have one - I had every size but no deep ones...)

Take it out, chuck it all back and make sure it's on right, then screw it on tight again

the big spark plug socket fits 90% of mine.

Ok cheers I'll check it out after work :bigcheers:
Now I've had this a few times. Look very carefully where it is leaking and I'll bet there is a fine hair stuck there. Release gas pressure, push poppet down and if there is a hair, use finger nail to remove it.

Ahh ok I'll see what sockets I've got laying around but if not I'll have to make a trip to Bunnings & I'll also check to see if there is any shit jammed in there like you mentioned Grott

Undo the whole thing (you might need a deep socket wrench thingo - take your keg to bunnings and can pick one up for $15 if you don't have one - I had every size but no deep ones...)

Take it out, chuck it all back and make sure it's on right, then screw it on tight again

A ring spanner is easier. 17mm or 11/16 fits the liquid post. Make sure it is done up tight so the seal is fully seated.

Latest posts

Back