Ebay - China Post delivery times

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Yeah, they're to go over a 1/2" BSP thread & sit in to groove of a 1/2" locknut (that's gonna sit inside the kettle. Does that sound right?)

The ones you link are ID 20mm (or 0.79"). Isn't that too big, or does that fit best for 1/2" threads/locknuts?
Never done this before, & i haven't looked at anyone else's setup with regards to this.
If that link is what i need, then that'd be brilliant!

That link is what you need :D

If you can't wait for slow China stuff Craftbrewer has some too

If you need the nuts, here are some

Well, just as well I asked.
Thanks a lot!
I was about to order the o-rings today, and was also concerned about postage times.
Looks like I have to support a local !

Haha - that's the same guy I got my locknut off (16day arrival). Hopefully his hosetail barbs are good too.

QldKev said:
I'm still waiting on
1 from late Aug (wankers won't refund, and I let it slip outside the paypal 45 day claim period)
2 from 4 Sep (refunded)
1 from 6 Sep (refunded)

I had another item from the 6 Sep come in the last couple of days, and the China Post date was 29 Sep. Slack buggers not having the product in stock, and blaming the post.

I've had stuff come that I have ordered from 27 Sep.

Pity Aliexpress is not easier to find stuff on.
The second/last of the items from the 4-SEP turned up today. So they are getting here even after almost 2 months.
Also an item from the 30-SEP, so about 4 weeks. Post stamp/sticker dated 7-OCT, so 22 days for post.
And another from 11-OCT, just 18 days.

2 more of mine turned up yesterday - 19 days after posting, still within estimated range of arrival.
Sadly still waiting for my hosetail barb, before I can commission my plate chiller :-//

@QldKev - you're totally right. I got home with my new valve & found a plumping o-ring to fit the locknut. Measured the ring - the actual ID is about 21-22mm.
Actually, the OD of the threaded sections was about 20mm. Wtf?? I thought it was meant to be 1/2" (12.5mm).

technobabble66 said:
2 more of mine turned up yesterday - 19 days after posting, still within estimated range of arrival.
Sadly still waiting for my hosetail barb, before I can commission my plate chiller :-//

@QldKev - you're totally right. I got home with my new valve & found a plumping o-ring to fit the locknut. Measured the ring - the actual ID is about 21-22mm.
Actually, the OD of the threaded sections was about 20mm. Wtf?? I thought it was meant to be 1/2" (12.5mm).

It's 1/2" BSP. Which means the pipe is 1/2" opening for the flow, or to put it another way the pipe will be 1/2" ID.

Yeah, I was thinking that could be where the 1/2" comes from, though I thought I'd measured the ID also and was maybe 15mm...
Will check when I return home
Thanks again!

Pipe in aus is actually NB which is nominal bore. Not exactly the same as ID but close enough.

I got my final piece 2 days ago - the hosetail barb. It took close to 5 weeks to get here & was about 6 days outside to outer estimate of the delivery range. Incidentally, it was from same the supplier whose piece arrived first.
Go figure!
Maybe it got lost en route, or maybe the supplier had to wait for it to arrive in his/her warehouse first, in spite of already listing it as posted.

FWIW, this piece looks good thread-wise, though my 1/2" pipe fits a bit loosely on it <_< However, on some of the other pieces the threads look/feel slightly ratted. OK, but not great. I fitted it all together and water pissed through the threads. :angry: A few layers of teflon tape & it now seems all peachy after a few runs of boiling water. ;) (to be fair, it could also be from different gauges of thread - NPT vs BSP, etc)

Anyways, i guess you get what you pay for.

I ordered some posters printed up on Aliexpress, chose the snail mail(15-45 days) post option and they turned up after 10days, very surprised.

Back