• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a hlt would be pretty sweet probably but as a boil pot, would 2kw be enough for 48L?

NewtownClown said:
Been waiting two weeks for mine to be delivered.....
I got free dents with mine. Pretty thin material. On a positive it seems to heat pretty quick.... no concealed element but cool for a HLT and the tap/hole fits 1/2 threaded pipe perfectly for ball valve upgrade

jonnir said:
As a hlt would be pretty sweet probably but as a boil pot, would 2kw be enough for 48L?
Hmmmm I was thinking as a boil pot. Anyone had any success in that regard?

jonnir said:
+1 for the HLT.

QldKev's done a good write up here: http://qldkev.net/burners.php

You might get away with it... but you might find it struggles with a "full" size single batch (23-25L).

Disclaimer: I'm yet to even use my elec elements. Comments above are based on research for my kit, mostly by reading the interwebs - which according to up to 1 or more reviews contains "qaulty informations".

Wilkensone said:
Does anyone have any experience with these esky mashtuns?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-Cooler-Mash-Tun-W-Digital-Thermometer-Timer-Home-Brew-Beer-40-Liter-/380932217308?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I BIAB at the moment but if I can pick one up cheap I think it would be good to have it they are decent quality..
Looks kind of like mine, but the wall may be a bit thinner due to the hexagonal shape, and it's more blinged up with the temp probe and timer. Should work pretty well if you can get it at a good price.

stienberg said:
Looks kind of like mine, but the wall may be a bit thinner due to the hexagonal shape, and it's more blinged up with the temp probe and timer. Should work pretty well if you can get it at a good price.
Yeah that was my thinking, seeing as my local wants about $300 for similar but round/slightly better quality additionals I think I could live with it if its a bargain.. not keen to spend $300 on a mashtun right now

Not sure if this is the right thread, but there are decommissioned (I'm told) beer kegs at the Sandgate 2nd Hand shop for $60 apiece.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but there are decommissioned (I'm told) beer kegs at the Sandgate 2nd Hand shop for $60 apiece.

Edit: 50L Coopers kegs.

Good call Batz. Was watching that gas cylinder. Was still $20 this morning. Maybe I shoulod have asked the question or just dobbed him in to eBait or the owner of the vessel

Sorry I got no idea what's what. Just typed in home brew and seen gas bottle cheap!

Latest posts

Back