• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just try to think of a reason how I can warrant such a purchase with the fiancée AND get it to fit in my shed.

Still working on it btw.

Hey pedleyr that was probably me you're referring to.
What did they look like? Look like they're reasonably robust etc, & had anyone at KK (or elsewhere) used one?
How much were they at KK?

I'd think retailers would be very careful with this stuff at the moment especially with someone recently passing away from a dodgy usb power adaptor

technobabble66 said:
Hey pedleyr that was probably me you're referring to.
What did they look like? Look like they're reasonably robust etc, & had anyone at KK (or elsewhere) used one?
How much were they at KK?
Hey mate it was you, apologies for my poor memory.

They looked reasonably robust, the retail manager there said to another bloke in the shop that they'd had good reports from them (take that for what you think it's worth). I didn't ask about the plug issue (I'm not buying one either way). Basically a Birko or Crown urn just bigger. Thin metal of course but nothing to turn you off. You'd also replace the tap straight away.

They had a 60l one there today with a broken handle (just a matter of a couple of small bolts to fix) for under $200. Can't remember what the price for the undamaged ones is sorry mate, but it'll be more than the eBay seller.

Other than the plug I'd have no problem buying one. As I said, maybe others would be ok with it, and I'm generally pretty happy to just go with it, but with electricity I don't **** around at all.

Back