• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn’t going to say anything and stupidly thought you might miss this ad. Ha.
“a knob equivalent...” surely not:eek:

“a knob equivalent...” surely not:eek:
Haha.. Generally not. But sometimes I snap up a bargain solely for the purpose of doing it up and reselling it for profit. I consider that a dick move if depriving another of a bargain for personal use.

It brings to mind though - a few months back I saw a kegerator on Gumtree for $200. Two 50L kegs included. Great condition. Got me at half mast just from the photos. Shot him a message within 7min of the ad being posted, teed up a time to go get it, all was well.. Then I turn up and this guy tells me he has someone else on their way to get it, but I was next in line if he didn't want it.
Not pleased.
Anyway, this other buyer turns up and is just getting into brewing, I told him it was his, can't discourage a new brewer. He gave me the kegs in appreciation. I just can't avoid getting free or cheap stuff!

Netted myself another commercial fridge.. $250 delivered to my door. This one's on wheels and actually works, in fact, fully serviced last year!
20171203_164311.jpg

Internal dimensions: 1600H x 1300W x 610D
So I can fit 24 cornies. My plan though is to finally use those two 50L kegs.. I never could because I lacked a fridge large enough and it took up too much keezer space.
Holds an easy 4C but is adjustable thanks to some not ancient looking parts.
He had it listed on Facebook Marketplace.. If it were on gumtree I wouldn't have gotten to it first. It was cheap because it's missing shelves.. Not a concern for me since I'd be replacing them anyway
20171203_165345.jpg
20171203_165341.jpg
20171203_165916.jpg

Cheers to that. I was super lucky to find it too, I normally ignore FB Marketplace but I was bored. Nabbed this one within ~42min of being posted.

The problem now: getting it into my mancave. It's too tall.. but I've polluted this thread enough with my stories of bargains already taken :p

Looks the goods mtb, well done.

You should be able to lean it over enough to get it in your cave without it being too much to cause issue (oil draining from compressor). Just leave it upright for an hour or so before turning it on & all should be fine.

Looks the goods mtb, well done.

You should be able to lean it over enough to get it in your cave without it being too much to cause issue (oil draining from compressor). Just leave it upright for an hour or so before turning it on & all should be fine.
Thanks mate. Very happy with this one.. especially since he delivered for $50 (the price of the fridge itself was $200). I worry about leaning it since I'm sure it's wheels aren't designed to hold that much weight. Might just give it a go, worst case scenario is that I bust them and replacements are $30 from Bunnings

How much do you need to clear, a sack truck angled down help?
(Ps Mrs mtb know about this one or another “sneak” in project ha)

A fair bit to clear.. The shed door has very little headspace. Being 6' 2" I'm always scraping the top of my head on the bloody roller door.. I reckon I'll have to angle it down on a 45 degree angle and have someone help while I drag it in.

I wouldn't have been able to hide this one from the Mrs - but even she had to appreciate the bargain!

I have often moved similar fridges through standard doors. The refrigeration deck and panels surrounding it are usually very easy to remove and replace. This also helps with weight issues if you still need to tilt it.

Not this one unfortunately, it looks like one solid frame. Although I could probably still remove the compressor to lighten it

Latest posts

Back