Eatons Hill Hotel Beerfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderman

Reaction score
I usually avoid this place but this event has caught my eye. Over 100 craft beers and ciders from over 20 breweries. How much you ask? Gold coin donation.

I'm left thinking, what's the catch? Surely they can't charge per glass at each stand. Would be a nightmare to manage. I'm thinking it has to be samples.

Ciderman said:
I usually avoid this place but this event has caught my eye. Over 100 craft beers and ciders from over 20 breweries. How much you ask? Gold coin donation.

I'm left thinking, what's the catch? Surely they can't charge per glass at each stand. Would be a nightmare to manage. I'm thinking it has to be samples.

Sounds about right mate, coin gets you in, samples, then available to buy takeaways maybe through the liquor barn. Except it was last year.

madpierre06 said:
Sounds about right mate, coin gets you in, samples, then available to buy takeaways maybe through the liquor barn. Except it was last year.
Its on again in April, some beers on tap, some in cans / bottles. There are food trucks and loud commercial music and quite bloody annoying announcers - (the last is totally unnecessary). Last year was much better than expected.

winkle said:
Its on again in April, some beers on tap, some in cans / bottles. There are food trucks and loud commercial music and quite bloody annoying announcers - (the last is totally unnecessary). Last year was much better than expected.
Thanks for that Winkle...link went to last years event so thought it mighta been a mistake...here's link to this years.

http://www.eatonshillhotel.com.au/index.php?pg=43&title=event-details&event_id=311

It's actually ok, just started a new shift alternate saturdays and the beerfest falls on my week off ..... finally a bloody break I do get B)

I'll be keen to try some 6 Strings for sure.

Can anyone shed any light on this event? I called the venue and they say it's a ticket system and the beers cost $7-9 each. To be fair the receptionist didn't seem like she had much idea. Pretty poorly worded if true.

'Gold coin donation with all proceeds going to...'

'To experience a delightful journey in sipping, tasting and sampling'

Maybe it's just me but I thought this was going to be just like the good food and wine festival where you pay to get in (gold coin) then be able to taste 100 beers.

Likewise here too Ciderman.....sip/sample then pay the big coin if you want to buy takeaways. Not sure yet if it will be a biggish day for me now anyways, I may be working the stadium that evening so if so that limits my sampling.

Gold coin to get in, then buy beer tickets, plenty of beers to sample (pot sized I think, cans/stubbies a bit more), prices aren't too bad, not a bad day out really.

Back