Dz-300a Vacuum Sealers On Sale $120

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
My old DZ-300A vacuum sealer (which used to be available from thepackagingcentre.com.au) decided to die after about 3 years faithful service. At the time I bought it, it was around $150 + delivery, and has paid for itself in hop freshness.

Anyway, thepackagingcentre website didn't show them anymore, and when I emailed them, they said they didn't stock them any more, but suggested sealandpack.com. On their website, the have them priced at $159 + delivery, however when I rang them, they explained that they were currently on sale for $120, which includes 100 bags as well as delivery! That's a great price.

No affiliation at all, just thought I'd let people know.

They have plenty and the sale is on till the end of the year.

www.sealandpack.com

This is what I just bought and it's bloody fantastic, half the price and free shipping

This is what I just bought and it's bloody fantastic, half the price and free shipping

Does this use the channel bags? The DZ-300A uses regular bags (no channel required) which is Why I like it, but your one does look good at half the price!

Mmm not sure, first vac sealer I've dealt with. It can seal bags of chips and stuff if that helps

Reseals Foods in their Original Package (e.g. Potato Chips) or Bags Provided

Sounds like it, though I can't see the channel thing. I think it's bs made up by the dz sellers to be honest, I got one a few years ago, it was only $60 on ebay but it looks identical to thepackaging centre uni and the one in the OP, and the ad went on and on about 'channel' sealers. I've never seen a commercial one with a stupid little tongue that sticks out, Im keen to check out this new one.

i've got one of the sealandpack's and it's a bit crappy compared to the other one (which my Dad has).

the sp one only has a little metal straw thingy to suck the air whereas the other has an opening that covers the whole opening of the bag. it means it's easier to seal and that you're less likely to suck up liquids.

the sp one only sucks 35kpa whereas the other is 85.

And the sp heating elements are kinda thin, which give a bit of a crappy seal if there are any slight wrinkles in the bag.

ed:
Oh, nothing wrong with the channel bags either. slightly more expensive but they work a lot better. without the channels the bag tends to just collapse around the sealing port which stops the airflow and can leave big bubbles behind.

Latest posts

Back