Dumbass Question?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Homebrewer79. Ive done the soapy water test and all is OK. If the one i forced carb is over carbed, how come after 5 minutes in the glass it appears to be dead flat?

Thats because there's so much co2 in the beer that it's comming out of solution so fast it ends up flat really quickly, that's one of the ways to tell if it's overcarbed.

Have a read through the articles section on balancing a draught system, some relly good info there. Not sure what the problem is with the naturally carbed keg as 17psi @ 5 deg isn't really overdoing it, a little on the high side for me but it shouldn't be that overcarbed that it's comming out flat

Thanks Homebrewer79. Ive done the soapy water test and all is OK. If the one i forced carb is over carbed, how come after 5 minutes in the glass it appears to be dead flat?

Damien,

If it is over carb'd (and it sounds like it may be) then...

When the beer comes out of the tap it hits the glass with such force that it knocks the c02 out of the beer.

Scott

Edit - Gee I think and type real slooooow. Anyway what homebrewer said.

Im back. Ive been wrestling with my reg for a couple of weeks now. Even though one of the kegs is near empty, i think the reg is winning. If i decarb the beer and set the right pressure on the reg, the beer comes out overcarbed.

If i leave the pressure, which is sitting at the correct amount for 2 weeks will the beer decarb itself back to what it should be? TYVM

Im back. Ive been wrestling with my reg for a couple of weeks now. Even though one of the kegs is near empty, i think the reg is winning. If i decarb the beer and set the right pressure on the reg, the beer comes out overcarbed.

If i leave the pressure, which is sitting at the correct amount for 2 weeks will the beer decarb itself back to what it should be? TYVM

Has never worked for me, pretty much a case of get it right next time :lol:

Screwy

Back