Dry hopping: Keg vs fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd always go for dry hopping in container , post fermentation, as it will give a brighter/ cleaner hop taste & aroma , though it all depends on style & og as to the ratio .
Cheers
Edd

How Do Coodgee,
What style were you doing ? , and hop variety ? , as some types , especially the new world varieties have serious flavour and aroma degradation after a certain length of time in a beer .
If it's a new style , try adding the dry hops @ drinking time - 2-3 weeks and store @ ~up to 52-3°F , hopefully that should see it right,
Cheers
Edd

If I keg hop its loosely in those course hop sock like the paint strainer bags mentioned for Hop Flowers. Weighted with some Stainless Steel something. I even go to the trouble of vac sealing it to suck all the air out of the flowers before adding it to the co2 purged keg before pressure transfer. Tied with dental floss to remove from the keg if I want to but I usually leave it in if its to be drank in a fairly short enough time. Keg usually sits at ambient for a week or so before going into the kegorator. Pellets need those other finer polish type material sock (cant remember the name) or particles will escape and end up in your glass.

How Do Coodgee,
What style were you doing ? , and hop variety ? , as some types , especially the new world varieties have serious flavour and aroma degradation after a certain length of time in a beer .
If it's a new style , try adding the dry hops @ drinking time - 2-3 weeks and store @ ~up to 52-3°F , hopefully that should see it right,
Cheers
Edd

It was a stone and wood clone with all galaxy. Brewed it a few times before and the temperature was the only thing i changed.

Back