dry hopped a biiiiit too much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletcher

bibo ergo sum
Reaction score
ok, so i had an ESB that i thought might benefit from some hallertau. mainl because it had been sitting there forever and i wanted to get rid of it. 30gms. the beer is all EKG in the boil. i lost 10L of it in a leaky cube so only fermented 10L but then completely forgot to lower the dry hop to 1g/L and dumped it all in. had a taste pre-bottle and it was quite grassy. anyone had any good experiences with dry hopping hallertau?

Never done it but have read nobles are unsuitable for dry hopping.

yeah. it was a rushed decision. pretty silly but oh well. might be ok after a few extra weeks. i'll report back

Yeah mate, nobles tend not to be great for dry hopping. Chalk this one up to experience.

JD

yeah, which i had read before but though, hmmm, perhaps a very faint subtle dry hop might work. figured a small amount in a full batch might work, then stupidly forgot that it was a much smaller batch and didn't realise until i'd let them loose haha. all good. i'll see how she goes :)

thanks guys.

Well sometimes you got to experiment. It's like the 9v battery and the err... enough said.

Love the 9v. Hate the noble dry hop though. Yes I've done it.
Should have used a small amount of ekg or styrians for your esb dry hop fletch.

Latest posts

Back