Dry Hoping With Nochill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdelaideHillsBrewer

Reaction score
Asking for suggestions on how to dry hop in the fermenter or cube when no chilling. I mean are there any trick you guys use to make it better. Why not ask the guys who do it and have learned from there mistakes. I want that aroma back when no chilling into my jerrys. :icon_cheers:

regardless of the chilling method, dry hop it the same way.

for me, when the beer is 2-4 SG points away from terminal gravity i dump in the dry hops and hold at fermentation temps for 4-5 days. Simple.

Thats the thing, do i just chuck say 10g or 20g in the fermenter or do i get a small mesh bag/tea ball or do somthing else? what does everyone do? :huh:

Thats the thing, do i just chuck say 10g or 20g in the fermenter or do i get a small mesh bag/tea ball or do somthing else? what does everyone do? :huh:

Some use hop bags, you can make your own from swiss viole. Which is probably easiest if you don't keg or bulk prime in another vessel.

Mine just go in nude swimming. Then get a 13mm inline irrigation filter for the end of your racking cane.

QldKev

I've never used a bag/mesh and never really had an issue with hop floaties into kegs. After a few days they usually sink to the bottom.

You're not going to get anywhere near the same aroma hit from whirlpool additions as dry hopping with no-chill, but have you thought about big flameout and whirlpool additions?

I've been pretty happy with the aroma in my APAs without using dry hopping lately.

Mine normally go in loose, but I occasionally bag them if i want to remove them after a set time.

Craftbrewer sell suitable hop bags for about $5. They're big enough for 30 or 40g of pellets.

No chill fast chill no difference when dry hopping.

I use leaf hops so just drop them in after it is done fermenting. Pellets may be different and I can not say.

I never worry about gravity when dry hopping. I am not concerned if my beer sets an extra week in the fermentor anyway.

Thanks Guys, Will use some of the ideas in this next batch\

Brewing as we speak, Parched As Bro Pale Ale

Trying brewmate software for the first time.......

40mins left in the mash.....

using Galaxy single hop!

Smells good at the moment......

Back