Drunken Moose

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
We have drunk koalas, but Sweeden and Norway have drunken moose.

Can't say I blame her for keeping the family inside :p

Doc

Drunken moose terrorizes family
A Swedish family is being plagued by a fairly common Norwegian problem, the drunken moose.

Laila von Scheele no longer dares let her children out of the house, for fear of an unfortunate encounter with the plastered visitor that frequents their garden.

"I am terrified. It can be dangerous when it's drunk," von Scheele told Swedish newspaper Expressen.

The last five nights in a row the same moose has entered their property in Eker, west of Stockholm. It helps itself to the fallen fruit from the family's ten apple trees.

As frequently is the case in Norway, the decomposing fruit have begun to ferment, and the result is a tipsy moose. The animal eats all it can, stumbles around the yard and finally falls asleep.

"It stays there until sunrise," von Scheele said.

The family has tried in vain to frighten the animal off, but so far has instead been forced to stay indoors.
"I have three children, a cat, a grown dog and six puppies. I don't want any of them to be trampled or injured by the moose," von Scheele told the paper.

Not real smart obviously... the people that is. If they just got off their fat, bacon eating behinds and picked up the apples themselves....

dreamboat

beat me to it dreamboat! its quite logical really isnt it. No apples = no moose!

Easy fixed - Sliced as steaks on a BBQ hot plate with onions

We do have plenty of drunk galahs though, just head down to your local every friday and saturday night, you'll see heaps of em :)

Latest posts

Back