Drinks @ Generous Squire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O'Henry

Reaction score
I called earlier and they said it was flowing over the bar so am heading down for a taste along with my gf in about an hour. If anyone is around or wants to come in for a pint it would be great to meet/catch up. I'm wearing a white business shirt and pinstripe shorts...

Damn you! I'm all the way at home with my beer in my hand. Rain check!

Well, it was good. If I'd brewed it and it was on tap at my house I'd be happy to serve it if one of you visited. But $9.50 a pint... Maybe not. Tasted more like an apple wheat beer than a saison to me. But not in the vein of Ephemere. That would blow it out of the water. Hops were not very present, esp for Nelson Sauvin (I expected a bit more something). And even though it drinks like a wheat beer I couldn't drink a lot of it. There was something in it I couldn't put my finger on.

Over all, alright. Pretty pricey, as mentioned already, and the pub feel didn't do it for me. The music was just too loud. Next time Pete, we'll make a plan to go somewhere, like Feral or something. Yeah, like an AHB excursion. Who's with me?

$9.50 is cheap for that place - the regular pints are $10 still arent they?

must admit though had the chilli mussels and they were fantastic and well priced. Just the bloody beer is expensive.

Didn't stick around for another pint. But my other half's half of porter was $6.50 so I'd say the $10 pints are still the norm. Crazy, cause the JS pub in Sydney is like $8.50 (IIRC) with happy hour even cheaper.

Too apply juicey/syrupy IMO, though I only tried bottled...

I'm up for the Feral trip - can we go immediately?

brendanos: Where did you find it in bottles? Not that I've looked overly hard yet :p

At work!! (I manage the International Beer Shop :S)

Oh right. Hard for some ;)

I used to work not far from you, but I'm not even close anymore :(

Latest posts

Back