Door Taps Or Font ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Thunderlips.
This fridge is is cooled by an evaporator coil mounted like a rectangular plate in the rear of the fridge, and so has no freezer section.

Apologies for the hijack, I didn't think it was important enough to start a new thread, plus this one's been quiet for a month or so...

My current set up is a pluto gun, hooked up to one of two kegs. To change beers I need to run out what's in the line and manually change the disconnect. I'm absolutely jack of this and it's basically this way because I can't touch the fridge (on loan).

Here's my plan, could it work?
I was thinking of setting up a small wooden frame inside the fridge (basically a horizontal piece of timber), which could house two taps on shanks. The taps/shanks/lines would exist completely within the fridge. So I would still have to open the door, but at least there's no pluto. When I settle at our new place and get a fridge/freezer, the taps could be removed from their temporary home on the wooden frame and remounted.
The only external item would be the gas line through the door seal

Anything wrong with this idea, assuming I have enough room in the fridge?

Just a thought.

Too easy will work well.

Only problem is securing the wood somehow.

Apologies for the hijack, I didn't think it was important enough to start a new thread, plus this one's been quiet for a month or so...

My current set up is a pluto gun, hooked up to one of two kegs. To change beers I need to run out what's in the line and manually change the disconnect. I'm absolutely jack of this and it's basically this way because I can't touch the fridge (on loan).

I was thinking of setting up a small wooden frame inside the fridge (basically a horizontal piece of timber), which could house two taps on shanks. The taps/shanks/lines would exist completely within the fridge. So I would still have to open the door, but at least there's no pluto. When I settle at our new place and get a fridge/freezer, the taps could be removed from their temporary home on the wooden frame and remounted.

Just a thought.

Nothing wrong at all - There a couple of guys on the forum that have done just that & postted pics - maybe some one can give a link...

cheers Ross

Great to get replies from some very experienced keggers - thanks guys.

Only problem is securing the wood somehow.

Looks like I'll have to pull up a chair in the shed tomorrow night with a brew and stare at the fridge - I'm sure something will come to me!

Will post pics when I'm sorted, but it may be a way off just yet. Ross, I'll be in touch about taps soon ;)

Cheers,
Dave

In a slightly larger fridge I have put three taps through a piece of wood which is screwed to a base plate. The base plate is then cable tied to th shelf. In my case this meant I didn't need to put holes in the glass doors.

P1010274.JPG

Gratuitous big fridge photo follows...

P1010267.JPG

In a slightly larger fridge I have put three taps through a piece of wood which is screwed to a base plate. The base plate is then cable tied to th shelf. In my case this meant I didn't need to put holes in the glass doors.

P1010274.JPG

Gratuitous big fridge photo follows...

P1010267.JPG

Excellent enoch - I knew I'd seen this somewhere before!

Looks like this weekend is spoken for... :D

Bugwan,
another option would also be, to use these...? saves alot of stuffing around and they pour really well with no need for any beer line. You also then have a portable party system like in the pic..! win/win :D

18032007421.jpg

KoNG

Bugwan,
another option would also be, to use these...? saves alot of stuffing around and they pour really well with no need for any beer line. You also then have a portable party system like in the pic..! win/win :D

View attachment 13296
KoNG
Mmmm... Is the one of the left full of thick shake? :D

Warren -

or watered down sprite? :lol:

Don't be knockin the Big Mac...!!!!
Macca's is the reason i have 6 of these and more on the way.... :p

mini_kegs.jpg

Just a thought.

Bugwan, I have done exactly that, with 4 taps using Bronco taps from Craftbrewer. I screwed some 1/2in copper saddles to the bottom of the piece of timber to hold the lines. I cut the board so it was a tight fit. As you can see by the pic it was a very rough rushed job and is only temporary till I get my new fridge with four cellis :D

tapsetup.JPG

cheers

Browndog

Bugwan,

View attachment 13296
KoNG

So whats the go there KoNG? looks like a neat party set up?

Can you tell us how u built em?

Nothin tricky to it Fents.... (check out the party keg thread)
Most LHBS will have the adapter to connect your tap straight to an MFL quick disconnect (it is essentially a 2cm shank.. haha). So you can just attach your tap straight to the beer out post.
Those kegs just sat in some water (in my mash tun) and i added a little ice each day. The co2 charger can be obtained from most LHBS too. Takes 3 bulbs ($1 each) to dispense a corny.

hey kong do you work at maccas or something? how would one go about scoring all maccas gear, speccy them old kegs?

KoNG, if you do get more of them would you be willing to part with some for $$? :)
Only if you want to of course

hey kong do you work at maccas or something? how would one go about scoring all maccas gear, speccy them old kegs?
Nah my little brother does, he's a store manager.. so has access to unwanted equipment. I had to buy the Mash tun ($50 i think), but they rent them out mainly for sports carnivals (i think deposit is only $30 a day ;) ;) )

KoNG, if you do get more of them would you be willing to part with some for $$? :)
Only if you want to of course

Once i've got my desired quota, i might start looking at letting extra's go (but i still want 2 more) (and i have a mate i've promised one too.!).
you never know though, he keeps finding more for me! I see your not far away either :lol: might have to up my security.!!

Check out this thread, for more contacts to help you out.??

Eric, they are/have phased out the smaller ones, so they are often in storerooms at the 'restuarant' (loose term).? worth befriending a manager maybe.

Latest posts

Back