Dont You Just Love Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reviled

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just had to share my feelings about AG beers and how much I love them :p

I cracked an IPA on saturday which had been in the bottle only 6 days! I know i know, I should have waited etc etc, but I really wanted to know what it tasted like, so I did...

And my god! It was fantastic! It wasnt even undercarbed(its been warm lately), had a nice creamy off white head which kept to the very end... This beer will definately be a winner in 4-6 weeks time...

But the reason I wanted to start this thread, is because I cracked a bottle of one of my old k&k beers which I had been saving for a good three months (cos it was my best brew ever, when I did it originally)... It didnt make it past two sips before I proceeded to throw the rest of the bottle down the sink, it tasted like crap, had a twang like I was sucking on snapping rubber bands!!!

I was just so surprised, that an AG beer can pretty much taste good straight away! And now that im getting kegging gear, I wont have to worry about undercarbed beers :super:

Yeah, once I went AG, I never went back to extract brewing. For me, it is cheaper to do AG, and, it does taste a bit more rounded.

Kegging does help as well, it is nice to drink a brew 1-2 days out of the fermenter. Though, it does pay to wait with some beers.

I'm currently forcing myself to finish off the last remaining extract beers before I get stuck into my AG brews.... because I have a feeling that once I get onto the AG beers there will be no going back! :chug:

I can't understand how anyone would want to do AG brewing - especially when you can buy the stuff made by professionals at competitive prices at your local bottle shop - beers like tooheys extra dry with its crisp taste or carlton cold served ice cold after a hard days work...

who would want to do AG when you can just buy it - sheesh.

I can't understand how anyone would want to do AG brewing - especially when you can buy the stuff made by professionals at competitive prices at your local bottle shop - beers like tooheys extra dry with its crisp taste or carlton cold served ice cold after a hard days work...

who would want to do AG when you can just buy it - sheesh.

Bro, this aint aussiebeerbuyer.com :p :lol:

Phillip;

I've read enough of your posts to know you're gagging to start AG, and what you said in this post is sarcasm....but for the sake of the other poor buggers here, the use of an appropriate emoticon might be in order. ;) You'll give poor old Reviled a pink fit. :lol:

Hey guys

Just had to share my feelings about AG beers and how much I love them :p

I cracked an IPA on saturday which had been in the bottle only 6 days! I know i know, I should have waited etc etc, but I really wanted to know what it tasted like, so I did...

And my god! It was fantastic! It wasnt even undercarbed(its been warm lately), had a nice creamy off white head which kept to the very end... This beer will definately be a winner in 4-6 weeks time...

But the reason I wanted to start this thread, is because I cracked a bottle of one of my old k&k beers which I had been saving for a good three months (cos it was my best brew ever, when I did it originally)... It didnt make it past two sips before I proceeded to throw the rest of the bottle down the sink, it tasted like crap, had a twang like I was sucking on snapping rubber bands!!!

I was just so surprised, that an AG beer can pretty much taste good straight away! And now that im getting kegging gear, I wont have to worry about undercarbed beers :super:

Good feeling isn't it!. I drink my kegged beers in around 10 days. 6 or 7 to ferment, then 2 to gas.Yum yum.

Phillip;

I've read enough of your posts to know you're gagging to start AG, and what you said in this post is sarcasm....but for the sake of the other poor buggers here, the use of an appropriate emoticon might be in order. ;) You'll give poor old Reviled a pink fit.

Hahaha, I almost bit, but then I saw the sheesh, and assumed he was joking :icon_cheers:

But if he wasnt.... :angry:

:lol: lol

butters - you caught me out...

AG rocks! :beerbang:

Back