Don't You Hate It When

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
Don;t you hate it when you are forced to rebuild your PC, you spend countless hours copying everything off it first, rebuild it, copy back what you need, nuke the rest then realise.....

You forgot your recipes file!!!! Doh!

Yeah, I'd hate that.

That's precisely the reason I still have my old PC running over a month after getting a new one.

Yeah i didn't have that choice unfort - the last one died. And i'm also low on disk (500GB just aint enough...) so i couldn't keep a complete copy - i had to juggle stuff around.

It was only every recipe i ever made :-(

Bugger JGriffin.

Personally I have three copies of my recipes. One on the machine I make them on, one on the backup, and a paper copy. Working in the IT world makes me very cautious of my critical data.

Doc

Hi brewmates,

Im mirroring (synchronising) my Harddrive to a second one and the very important things I store on a USB-Stick.

laying back, relax and have a homebrew :party:

Doc said:
Bugger JGriffin.

Personally I have three copies of my recipes. One on the machine I make them on, one on the backup, and a paper copy. Working in the IT world makes me very cautious of my critical data.

Doc
[post="93958"][/post]​

Yeah i know Doc, if one of my customers had done it, i'd call them an idiot.

I keep mine on a website. If I lose them I can go and browse them the same as anyone else can. But I feel your pain. First thing I do for a new recipe go through any similar ones from the past and have a good read of my tasting notes.

I feel your pain John - bad luck mate.

I have the files shared between my laptop & main computer, so would have to be pretty unlucky to lose both together. Also print out a hard copy on brew day, that's filed away... :)

I always keep a folder with all my recipes printed on it, if I lose the computer file I will copy them back as I use them

Oh John, that's sad news. I feel for ya mate.

Still, you always complained about your own beers, so it can't be too big a loss, eh? :lol: :ph34r: ;)

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back