Doesn't Seem Too Dodgy!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Housecat

Reaction score
Just got this email, seems pretty legit...... right?

We are officially announcing to you the result of CADILLAC Lotteria held on the 24TH March 2011.You have therefore been approved for a payout of a total sum 850,000 GBP (EIGHT HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS ) Contact our claims Agent, Mr. Richard M Weeks [email protected] +44 702 407 1362 With the following informations

1. NAME IN FULL:
2. ADDRESS (IN FULL):
3. NATIONALITY:
4. AGE:
5. SEX
6. OCCUPATION (POSITION HELD):
7. HOME PHONE & MOBILE NUMBER:

Yours in service,
Ms Saloona Young

You too???

Shit, I thought I won that one....

An email address I used to use got completely bombarded with these emails. You have to be careful where you enter your email address, such as online forms etc. Mind you, they can just 'harvest' email addresses from web pages these days by crawling them with a robot. One email I got told me to send my details to such and such in Nigeria as I had to collect an inheritance from a dead aunty. Yeah, right!

I got that email too.. scam baiting can be fun :)

How's these guys in my local area that got conned? It's their chance to cry 'poor me' when it's ironic that their greed got them stuck in the first place. Stupid berks!

recent email scam...

I got that email too.. scam baiting can be fun :)

How's these guys in my local area that got conned? It's their chance to cry 'poor me' when it's ironic that their greed got them stuck in the first place. Stupid berks!

recent email scam...

He is smiling about it :huh: ????

I got that one yesterday and also if I posed as next of kin a 40% share in 9 500 000 euro. now what brew gear did I want.

I got that one yesterday and also if I posed as next of kin a 40% share in 9 500 000 euro. now what brew gear did I want.

You could make an offer on CraftBrewer AND G&G and then monopolise the market! :rolleyes:

The guy smiling is the local councillor who comments in the article, not the guy who got scammed.

So. it's more like he is smirking at how gullible some people can be :blink:

HC

I work in an inbound call centre and can understand the frustrations of poeple working in outbound (ie sales) centres. If I get a call for an Australian centre I usually give them a good hearing - and in fact I have taken up a couple of offers for Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast holidays, three nights for a hundred bucks stuff. Actually good deals. Recommended.

However with Indian Call centres, being a White Supremacist :rolleyes: I have a good ploy:

"Hello my name is Susan (yeah right) am I talking to Mr Addison?

Hang on I'll get him now. (Loudly: hey Ray, some chick on the phone for you)
Put phone down and walk away and do some racking or kegging etc.

:icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back