Does anyone know who does gas refills in Brisbane over xmas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben1

Reaction score
I made a rookie error and ran out of gas.

Does anyone know who is open over christmas to get C02? I am willing to travel.

I'm pretty sure brewers choice chapel hill said they'd be open except for the public holidays, dont quote me though. worth a ring

EDIT - My next suggestion after that would be any of the fire extinguisher mobs

Brewer's Choice at Wacol probably will but you need to make sure your gas cylinder is cold. I'd ring them first to make sure they are open.

No one is Brissy can help this guy out? Sorry mate I'm on the sunny coast and could fill it for you, not a lot of help I know.

The soonest seems to be Tuesday. I'll just use it as a good opportunity to buy some great craft brews. Thanks for the kind offer Batz, I was just there today! :)

Ben1 said:
The soonest seems to be Tuesday. I'll just use it as a good opportunity to buy some great craft brews. Thanks for the kind offer Batz, I was just there today! :)
No worries Ben, I don't own a filling station or anything, but could have topped your bottle up from a large one I rent.

Ifvyou have a soda stream maker you can use it to dispense. Just slip the gas line over the outlet on the sodastream and the other end to the gas disconnect. Make sure you take the disconnect off after you give the sodastream a couple of pushes. What suburb you in?

Hey brad, unfortunately no sodastream. I'm at Wavell Heigjts

:icon_offtopic: i got caught a couple years ago with no gas,end up buying a soda stream adapter.they won't force carb but will dispense a few kegs.

If you have a spare keg and can park it outside the fridge hooked up to your system throw around 500g of sugar 4lts of cold water and some yeast at it. I wouldn't recommend it as daily use but it would get you out of strife for a few days.

Beersuit said:
If you have a spare keg and can park it outside the fridge hooked up to your system throw around 500g of sugar 4lts of cold water and some yeast at it. I wouldn't recommend it as daily use but it would get you out of strife for a few days.
Good idea.

Back