Dodgy line splitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

good4whatAlesU

Reaction score
I bought one of these line splitters from Cheeky Peak (pic below) but unfortunately it appears to be completely blocked up. No gas getting through at all, or coming out.

I didn't realise it for a week and now I have flat beer in my keg B) the apparent regulator pressure was just backed up gas from the blockage. Tried to undo the valves to have a look inside but they are kind of lock-tighted on and I can't move ;em. Poured boiling water into the line (and barb ends) and tried to flush whatever is in there out etc. but no joy. What to do?

Just send it back to the manufacturer I guess and request a new one? ...

For now I've put a direct line into the keg from the gas bottle (no splitter) so now so at least it's charging up.

WP_20160924_09_49_08_Smart.jpg

I would take the gas line off and probe down the barb with a piece of wire, it's even possible that they forgot to drill right through - seen stranger things from made in the PRC.
Mark

Thanks Mark
Yes just trying that now, a few wiggles of the wire and I'm getting a very tiny amount of air through. Must be very restricted 1mm or so tunnel - not enough for a decent volume of gas to get through.
Might get brave this arvo and run a drill bit down it but i don't fancy having metal shavings inside the housing.

I think I'll just email Cheeky Peak and try for a replacement.

Just leave it be, your not going to be entitled to a replacement if you f&ck around with it.

Back