Doc's Tour Of San Diego 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooohhh Suicide girls :icon_drool2: ........ aaahhh I mean Hop Sausage.

ooohhh Suicide girls :icon_drool2: ........ aaahhh I mean Hop Sausage.

Hop sausages and Suicide Girls, together at last.
You go to the best places Doc B) .

Doc,

Kinda random question, so apologies.

You haven't happened to have tried any beer by Karl Strauss Brewery over there have you? It's a San Diego Brewery so would be in your area I'd think.

Just got given a T-shirt that looks like this from my boss Godfather Tee
(he's got it as a gift and it doesn't fit)

Curious to know if this beer from this brewery is any good. If it's crap I might not want to wear the shirt about.

A bit of a strange question but thought I'd throw it in just in case.

Hopper.

a little :icon_offtopic: but the lost abbey there is on the cover of the latest 'all about beer' magazine with a article on limited release beers.

I would find it kinda hard concentrating on a tech conference Doc with beer on your mind :chug:

Heck Jayse, I reckon we'd front up, have our registration bar code scanned then side shuffle to the nearest door and find the nearest bar with DIPA's on tap :chug:

You haven't happened to have tried any beer by Karl Strauss Brewery over there have you? It's a San Diego Brewery so would be in your area I'd think.

I had their Rye IPA. It was boring. No zing, and the rye didn't come through at all.
Had a few of their beers the first time I came to SD, but haven't gone outta my way to find them on subsequent trips.

Have you tried any Black IPA's?

Nah, it is still an emerging style. They haven't caught on to it yet :p

a little :icon_offtopic: but the lost abbey there is on the cover of the latest 'all about beer' magazine with a article on limited release beers.

I would find it kinda hard concentrating on a tech conference Doc with beer on your mind :chug:

Had a great time up at Lost Abbey. Still have two bottles here of their beers for some more tasting tonight.

Doc

Heck Jayse, I reckon we'd front up, have our registration bar code scanned then side shuffle to the nearest door and find the nearest bar with DIPA's on tap :chug:

Went to the Yardhouse last night. They have about 90 taps. Have to get the photos off my phone (I'll prob send straight to Twitter).
Just checked and I did send one last night. Crappy photo, but it is here and that is the taps on just one side. Another row of taps on the other side of the tap island.

Went to the Toronado the night before. Some great beers there :p

Last day tomorrow.
Have a brewery tour organised out at Alesmith. Really looking forward to that one.

Doc

Looks like a great trip.
Hamilton's tap list was really interesting Doc.
Did you try the Babycham?? :ph34r:
Cheers
Nige

Well the conference is wrapping up.
My flights aren't until tonight, so I've organised a couple of brewery tours for myself.
Heading off to Alesmith, San Diego Brewing and Stone. :p

Expect a few pics from along the journey on Twitter, and will have the camera for some decent ones to post when I get back home Sunday.

Doc

Latest posts

Back