Do Not Download Promash Free Edition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
Sorry about the urgency of the title, but it's important.

I just downloaded the file, and when it finished my virus scanner went bunta. Apparently it has a trogan on it.

This is to anyone who was thinking of downloading the programme, or already has it

I dont think so.
I have downloaded it many times and I have never seen a virus or anything like that on it.

johnno

I don't think so either. I have all the Norton stuff, Int. Security, AV etc. It never said there was a problem, has scanned it many times, and I've just run a scan on it. No virus detected. What anti-virus program are you running and what trojan did it say there was?

:huh:
Stuart

I downloaded it lastweek to run on my computer at work. No issues here either.

I think there is something else wrong with your system. I have just downloaded it and run norton, nod32 and avg over it and got no result. Can a mod possibly remove this topic?

You haven't let GMK near your PC have you?

I'd say you more than likely picked up the virus earlier, and when you went to save / run the installer for promash, your AV happened to scan the directory you were working in, and found the virus (well something like that anyway).

Looks like Peas and Korn has had GMK around.

Thanks everyone for your input to this thread which is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back