Dirty Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegasherrulz

Reaction score
Hi, After just bottling a Dark Smokey Beer I commenced the clean up.. when I got to the fermenter tap I noticed a brown ring in a location I cant get to to clean.. Is there anyway to dismantle the tap so I can clean it? its the first dark beer I have brewed after dozens of other brews although this tap and fermenter have only been used maybe half a dozen times.. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheerz Gasher
Picture is attached.

12102009870.jpg

Hi, After just bottling a Dark Smokey Beer I commenced the clean up.. when I got to the fermenter tap I noticed a brown ring in a location I cant get to to clean.. Is there anyway to dismantle the tap so I can clean it? its the first dark beer I have brewed after dozens of other brews although this tap and fermenter have only been used maybe half a dozen times.. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheerz Gasher
Picture is attached.
Poke a piece of wooden dowel up through the middle of the tap. Thew hold the tap around the outer part and give it a sharp bash downwards and you will punch the inner section out of the tap. The next time will be easier as it tends to mangle the locating pin slightly. Clean and sanitise and if you have any keg lube apply some to the O-ring before you reassemble it.
After a few times just buy a new tap they are only $2 or so at the hardware shop.

Poke a piece of wooden dowel up through the middle of the tap. Thew hold the tap around the outer part and give it a sharp bash downwards and you will punch the inner section out of the tap. The next time will be easier as it tends to mangle the locating pin slightly. Clean and sanitise and if you have any keg lube apply some to the O-ring before you reassemble it.
After a few times just buy a new tap they are only $2 or so at the hardware shop.

Cool.. Thank you very much problem solved.. Cheerz Gasher

Latest posts

Back