Diggers Shafted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Reaction score
g,day all.
i heard on the abc radio today that for christmas our troops serving in afghanistan are entitled to 2 beers each for the christmas day celebrations,but..... they have to $5.00 for each can........
this works out to $120.00 a slab (i was paying that 10 yrs ago in norway with the exchange rate as it was)...........but our troops are expected too pay $5.00 a tinnie.......the adf must be realy short orf money....what a ******* sick sorry decisision this is....makes my blood boil....cheers.......spog........

I thought I read somewhere that they backed down and Defence will now supply two cans per man.

You missed the TV News the Defense Department is footing the bill for 2 beers for the diggers. No doubt it will be some Megaswill Light. Probably easier to buy local beer to feed the troops.

After the first Gulf War we were drinking Heineken in Kuwait brought in by the Canadian Airforce on supply Hercules for 1$US a can. The Canadians were funding their retirements.

Prior to the backflip, the Defence Department claimed they were already providing plenty to the soldiers in the form of free accommodation and food. They seemingly failed to see that free accommodation in Afghanistan isn't really a great perk. 'What are you soldiers whinging about? We're giving you a bed in a shack where you will be routinely shot at and surrounded by hidden explosives - free of charge you ungrateful bastards'.

I was under the mistaken impression that a system such as that described by Nige would still be in place.

I read that CUB are going to ship 800 slabs to the boys at no cost for Christmas.

CUB=NO Cost.. Defence Department would have charged for the freight..and do the other troup's stationed around the world get the same raw deal...

Been lurking for sometime now but had to comment. 1st up it is a muslim country and they don't drink much. So when in Rome...... They must be fools to think that they are going to be looked after. The pay is crap and so are the conditions. They are not there to protect me so why should I pay for their beer. I hear there is lot of ill-eagle drugs there. so do as the afghans do.

Been lurking for sometime now but had to comment.

They are not there to protect me so why should I pay for their beer. I hear there is lot of ill-eagle drugs there. so do as the afghans do.

Fine first post.

See you in another 6 months to enlighten us all again.

Hmmm. Where is that "Isnta-ban" button.....

FFS... A new generation of people that said the same thing to the Vietnam Vets.

You know not what you speak, pull your head in.

Leary

Funny that how you are not allowed an opinion. We should all follow the leader like sheep. Beware the teleban is coming to get us, just like we lost vietnam and now we live as commies. It is all a crock of shit and they should be at home drinking beer. Let the afghans sort it out themselves. In the end what does it matter if they kill each other.

What a joke this website is becoming.

I smell a very lopsided shit storm about to erupt.........

Don't feed the trolls!

Funny that how you are not allowed an opinion. We should all follow the leader like sheep. Beware the teleban is coming to get us, just like we lost vietnam and now we live as commies. It is all a crock of shit and they should be at home drinking beer. Let the afghans sort it out themselves. In the end what does it matter if they kill each other.

Any thoughts as regards brewing beer?Whether you think we should be there or not,we are.OUR SOLDIERS deserve a beer free of charge at Christmas.

booargy,when one of your family die in Bali,The Twin Towers,The Tube or in Spain maybe you'll have a different perspective.Uni students with original agendas is like breweries wasting money.

yeah I think its crap. I dont whole heartily agree why we are there as I have mixed views of why they are there and whats been happening with the terrorism. But aussies have been proven to be one of the best soldiers in the world and they will fight other peoples battles. We are lucky as a country that nothing has happened here. I think they should be allowed a drink free of charge, I also think they should be allowed to come home and see there families but that wont happen. Just hate seeing aussie soldiers fighting other peoples wars. As I say not going to go into why I think the americans went in there (they been in there before 9/11) just that I dont like big shot people that own 90% the oil production telling there soldiers and our soldiers where to go

They should get at least a 6 pack each, of what ever the hell they want!

yeah I think its crap. I dont whole heartily agree why we are there as I have mixed views of why they are there and whats been happening with the terrorism. But aussies have been proven to be one of the best soldiers in the world and they will fight other peoples battles. We are lucky as a country that nothing has happened here. I think they should be allowed a drink free of charge, I also think they should be allowed to come home and see there families but that wont happen. Just hate seeing aussie soldiers fighting other peoples wars. As I say not going to go into why I think the americans went in there (they been in there before 9/11) just that I dont like big shot people that own 90% the oil production telling there soldiers and our soldiers where to go

Never forget,other people have helped us to fight our battles in history.Sometimes its too late to only fight "our" battles.

If Menzie's had his way,he would have allowed an unopposed invasion of our north!

Latest posts

Back