Different Gas Pressures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NME69

Reaction score
I've got two kegs in the fridge, one is being carbed and the other is being drunk as I write. Obviously they are at different pressures.
The question is, what's the best way to have two kegs and not open the fridge door all the time to change over the gas hose and change the pressure from one to another and then back again.
I want to carbonate while I drink, can someone help

Dual output regulator.
Has two outlets that you can adjust each to a different output.
Just a bit hexy $$ wise.

Just plug it in at pouring pressure and itll be carbed up in a week or 2.

I've got two kegs in the fridge, one is being carbed and the other is being drunk as I write. Obviously they are at different pressures.
The question is, what's the best way to have two kegs and not open the fridge door all the time to change over the gas hose and change the pressure from one to another and then back again.
I want to carbonate while I drink, can someone help

hi
you can get what is called a break down reg. you need the main to handle bottle pressure and the break down reg between carb. pressure and pouring pressure

Simple - gas the one you are serving at serving pressure then remove the gas line. Up the pressure for the keg you're carbing and leave it connected long enough to carb. The other keg will pour for a long time without needing a gas burst, if it does get low, just connect the gas (at high/carbing pressure) for a second then test pour, if too much pressure purge off a bit, after carbing you only need enough pressure to move beer.

I simply got two regulators took out the High Pressure Gauge on one regulator and brought a Male joiner... unscrewed the inlet on the second regulator and joined the two together... I now have one set up for pouring only and the other has a line out side the fridge for burping and then split into two inside the fridge so i can gas 2 kegs at once and Pour the thrid with out have to change any lines around...

I simply got two regulators took out the High Pressure Gauge on one regulator and brought a Male joiner... unscrewed the inlet on the second regulator and joined the two together... I now have one set up for pouring only and the other has a line out side the fridge for burping and then split into two inside the fridge so i can gas 2 kegs at once and Pour the thrid with out have to change any lines around...

Aahhhh, me thinks I might try this so I can have an 8psi line for my stout faucet :icon_drool2:

I have been just removing the gas line when it upto spec!

I have just purchased a couple of these
and hope to have my main output at 200 KPA for force carbing then use these to step down to 110 KPA for my wheats and Belgiums and 90KPA for my Ales and Stouts. Providing they don't leak it should stop me from having to stuff around with my lines so much :rolleyes: .

You can get an in-line regulator from your local hydraulic hose supplier for around $25. I use one to drop the pressure between the reg and the cask aspirator on a beer engine.

Back