Did my homebrew shop rip me off?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My homebrew store was a bit cheeky today.

Bought a fresh wort kit. Went up to pay and the owner stuck a pack of US-05 to the container. Thought he was throwing it in for free as I never asked for it. Then I get home and look at the receipt and find I had paid for it.

LOL

I was intrigued about Neptune and thinking maybe it was some small hickville town in NSW I googled "where is neptune" and it came up with this.............

" When Neptune and Earth line up on the same side of the sun, at their closest, they are only 2.7 billion miles (4.3 billon kilometers) apart."..........

Jeez mate, personally I'd stick with your LHBS for 3 reasons

1: the freight on your online order would be astronomical (it costs me $12 for stuff to be delivered from Melbourne and thats just 100kms away)
2: the LHBS goods you get would be a lot fresher than ordering online, by the time you received them they would be all out of date.
3: If couriers here can't deliver 60ks away without a fuckup what hope would you have with a 4.3 billon kilometers delivery?

now could someome tell me WTFI neptune??

hellbent said:
I was intrigued about Neptune and thinking maybe it was some small hickville town in NSW I googled "where is neptune" and it came up with this.............

" When Neptune and Earth line up on the same side of the sun, at their closest, they are only 2.7 billion miles (4.3 billon kilometers) apart."..........

Jeez mate, personally I'd stick with your LHBS for 3 reasons

1: the freight on your online order would be astronomical (it costs me $12 for stuff to be delivered from Melbourne and thats just 100kms away)
2: the LHBS goods you get would be a lot fresher than ordering online, by the time you received them they would be all out of date.
3: If couriers here can't deliver 60ks away without a fuckup what hope would you have with a 4.3 billon kilometers delivery?

now could someome tell me WTFI neptune??
If it's where I think it is, it's a long swim to another HBS !

Hey Guys, what do you pay for a 1 KG #20 Malt, dextrose mix from your local HBS ? I was wrong - it was 1 KG but price is still high to me. Coopers BE 2 which is virtually the same mix is $7.20. I know maybe not exactly the same but double?

5150 said:
My lhbs also just tallies everything up and then tells you the total. The prices on his website are expensive, but he always seems to give a discount and throw in something. Very frustrating though, so I now drive to Barleyman for full bags and order online upto 25kgs and get it couriered for something like $11, which is cheaper than my tolls.
That'd be D, near the ground of a no longer existing RL team?
I like him though and still get stuff there from time to time. Prices always confuse me. Expect to pay X, total comes to Y and he asks for Z.
All good though.

Back