Davros King Of The Daleks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olskoolsoulja

Reaction score
G'day

This is my version of a mid life brewing crisis! Water Jacketed cone bottom fermenter B)

x_small_davos_003.JPG

Yes I have cuddled it :D . It was cold and unresponsive. :(

Enjoy life

Richy.

Hi Richy,

Looks nice - where did you get it from mate ?

Thanks
Dave

Dave, I had it made in China.

Michael, The jacket controls fermentation temp and for crash chilling by pumping water,glycol etc around the vessel. There are little dimples on the inside of the jacket to increase the heat exchange effect .

It is Warm and Responsive Now!! You just have to fill it up with wort and yeast, the fermenters version of a fancy car and money

Dave, I had it made in China.

Michael, The jacket controls fermentation temp and for crash chilling by pumping water,glycol etc around the vessel. There are little dimples on the inside of the jacket to increase the heat exchange effect .

It is Warm and Responsive Now!! You just have to fill it up with wort and yeast, the fermenters version of a fancy car and money
ty...

love your quote ..
The average AUSSIE walks 900 miles a year & consumes 21 gallons of beer. THATS 41 MILES TO THE GALLON .
GOOD ECONOMY.
although... i'm not sure my figures are as good as that... :-((

that is nuts, may I ask a ballpark price for such a beast?

that is nuts, may I ask a ballpark price for such a beast?

What size is the fermenter Richy? 50L by any chance?

xyhoon, 30L conicals from CB are $700 and the 50L are $800. To make it worth while importing from China my ballpark would be 30L/$500 or 50L/$600, Richy might be kind enough to let us know.

Drew

I am not trying to sell anything. I just wanted one.

It is over 120L... Once you dump yeast , taste etc you you get 100L. I can go from start of fermentation , drop yeast , lager , crash chill , keg or if my kegs are full , cold store all in one vessal with no back pain.
I could (havent tried) carbonate as well (only rated to 80kpa) .
It is just just a mini version of a pro tank. It has a spray ball in the lid for hands free cleaning(my fav feature :super: ).
You need a little chest freezer etc and pump to maintain a constant temp etc and crash chill.

The cost was under $1950 posted to my door(fermenter only). It is 1600mm high and 600 wide(including jacket) about 100kg . AIR FREIGHT was cheaper then sea WTF!!!

Micheal,
That quote was five years ago. Everybody's efficency is going down. BUT DO NOT WORRY, The CARBON TAX will make us more Efficent!!!!

Micheal,
That quote was five years ago. Everybody's efficency is going down. BUT DO NOT WORRY, The CARBON TAX will make us more Efficent!!!!
yeah... sure it will ... when the companies close down or move their production to other countries that don't have a carbon tax......
we've been sucked in with that TAX for sure

It's a cracker, and if you are enjoying it then it was worth it! I drool in envy.

Reminds me less of a dalek and more of that robot from Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, the little drone cruizing across the ice at the beggining... :icon_cheers:

It's a cracker, and if you are enjoying it then it was worth it! I drool in envy.

Reminds me less of a dalek and more of that robot from Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, the little drone cruizing across the ice at the beggining... :icon_cheers:

It could be true , that it is so COLD in Canberra ( no pun intended about TAXES) you might see a little robot fermenter skate straight across your street. Do not go and chase it without a thick coat and long pants !

Star wars(70s) had a similar robot aswell it looked sandy and hot there (sand people are easy to startle but they will be back and in greater numbers) . I will chase that one up here in shorts and singlet . UP here I need the jacket(cooling) for the fermenter :p

Back