Current Tax Rates For Transport Fuels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rising fuel prices are just a fact of life now. I just put up with it and if I want to go for a drive (4WD 18L/100Km = about $30+ for a local drive) I just sacrifice a carton of beer or a night out for tea etc. I really don't think anyone can do anything about it even if everyone in the country had a whinge.

Is it really running out???? Depends who you believe.............1 day to 400 years worth left

my pram (ute) runs on lpg, although the price of lpg has tripled over the last 3 years,some day the government will put a tax on it and it could sky rocket in price. death and taxes,can;t escape them.nothing a good brew wont fix! :)

We are all an apathitic lot towards taxes, but who cares! :))

spog said:
my pram (ute) runs on lpg, although the price of lpg has tripled over the last 3 years,some day the government will put a tax on it and it could sky rocket in price. death and taxes,can;t escape them.nothing a good brew wont fix! :)
[post="123193"][/post]​

Yeah they are planning on removing the fuel excise on LPG and other alternative transport fuels (i think this includes bio diesel) in 2008 and progressively increase it to the same as petrol by 2012. This will bring it roughly in line with the cost of petrol.

But lets not worry too much its not a new tax... Its an excise

bighanno said:
Is it really running out???? Depends who you believe.............1 day to 400 years worth left
[post="123176"][/post]​

According to Foreign Affairs, there is 1.1trillion barrels of proven resources- which means that we know it's there and we can get it with current technology. That's enough for 39 years worth (at current usage rate, but with China making up 30% of demand increase, it'll be less).

Also, there is around 2 trillion barrles worth that we can't tap YET.

Also, it is believed there is still a few trillion that we don't know about since there are many countries that haven't been properly explored.

...............and India will increasingly consume just behind China.

Latest posts

Back