Cuba Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I was in the bottle shop at the bowls club for the first time and see that they stock a thing called Cuba beer in a red labelled bottle. Didn't get any but I would imagine that at ten bucks a six pack it's pretty awful. Has anyone tried it? I would guess that it's a creation of the mighty Haagen beer mob as the club also stocks Haagen for some strange reason.

I hadn't seen Haagen for about 5 years and was surprised to see it's still available. I note that Independent Breweries of Laverton are so flat out producing their fine ales and lagers that they don't seem bothered to put up a website.

Since the bay of pigs i don't think Cuba has had much in the way of technical advancement.... The make a mean cigar but i would be suspect on their beers...

It's not terrible, just not good. Light and flavourless.

Its brewed in Vic by the same brewery that does Haagen. It's 'inspired' by the Cuban Revolution. Nothing to do with Cuba apart from the name - Cuba '59

You can't tell it apart from any other Euro-trash Lager. It's even skunked like them.

Latest posts

Back