Creating A Custom Made Beer Mug By Glass Etching

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewercrafter

Reaction score
Does anyone here make their own custom made glass beer mugs? I have been doing this quite a bit by etching the outside of the mug. Its kind cool and leaves a permanent etching. What I do it cut out a stencil based from a pattern in the computer program and etch with a sandblaster. Let me know if anyone else etches glass or has other ideas to personalize a glass mug. Im interested to see what others are doing and I hope we can share some ideas. I want to try out some other creative things like adding a little color to the etchings.

Yeah that is another approach to etch your glass mugs, by using a laser engraver. If your going to do it yourself, that might not be the best approach. Another way to etch glass is use a dremel tool to engrave. This is a cheap way you can do it. I usually stick with sandblaster, but there is so many different ways.

Hey

I have been etching glasses, mirror, windows, etc for a while now, i have been using a stencil and etching compound, takes about a minute to etch then you wash it off. It works quite well if you have good quality stencils.

I am thinking of moving up to a vinyl cutter and make my own stencils that i can sandblast or using etching cream, would be so much quicker if i could make my own stencils.

Back