Crafted Live (Orange NSW)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunts

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just a heads up that if anyone was intending on entering beer into the home brew section of this beer and bbq festival I have just been informed by one of the organizers that the home brew section has been cancelled, so looks like I have abit more beer to drink at home. Just thought I would let anyone know that had put in the effort like my self to brew and bottle specifically for the event.

Cheers Stunts

Unlucky man. Bathurst had one in 2013 which I entered by entrant numbers were pretty abysmal (i.e. my stout won the category, being the only entrant). The pale ale section however was well represented surprise surprise.
In prior years the Bathurst home brew scene was pretty big and Country Brewer used to sponsor/support it until Brian wanted to hand over the baton, which was never really run with. Apparently the new owners are city slickers looking for a change and are keen to get the club going again. Have you asked around there at all?

Yeah, when I enquired about the entry forms they said they weren't able to run it this year, but hoped to next year. I don't think it was lack of numbers as it wasn't long after entries were supposed to open that I contacted them. Should be a great day anyway with lots of craft breweries coming to show their wares.

Cass is one of the new owners at Bathurst Country Brewer and seemed really enthusiastic in hosting a brew club for the area, running comps, organising brewery tours etc. However, when I was last there, the lady who often helps out there (not sure of her name but was there when Brian was there as well) told me Cass had been involved in a pretty serious car accident and was looking at a very lengthy recovery, so their focus would obviously be elsewhere at present.

Latest posts

Back