Country Jjj

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sah

Reaction score
I persisted with ringing Dave Callum on JJJ tonight (about 5 minutes ago). I managed to have 2 - 3 minute converation on air before being cut-off. Anyway I egged him on to play some country. I was pushing for Glen Cambell and John Denver. After the next caller he played "The Gambler". I reckon that's not bad going.

Cheers :beer:

Scott

I persisted with ringing Dave Callum on JJJ tonight (about 5 minutes ago). I managed to have 2 - 3 minute converation on air before being cut-off. Anyway I egged him on to play some country. I was pushing for Glen Cambell and John Denver. After the next caller he played "The Gambler". I reckon that's not bad going.

Cheers :beer:

Scott

Excellent effort mate. I heard it (the Gambler). Love the track and Dave Callum is a funny bugger. :beerbang:

Rock On (C & W style!)

Sean

I can't stand Dave's show, all it is is him making fun of drunken id...wait, I'll shut up now.

JJJ sux.Its a quasi commercial radio station anyway.

I stopped listening on AUST day last year. If a radio station is going to play bernard fanning,and ben lee and the listeners are going to vote for that sh*t # 1 and 2 then it s all over.Nearly 12 months on and I'm not missing it at all.

this is my personal opinion only,and ultimately is worthless(but I just had to say it) :p

JJJ sux.Its a quasi commercial radio station anyway.

But to be fair, there's not much competition. In Perth we have a choice of either JJJ or a couple of university stations (RTR and Curtin) and that's about it. And the university stations offer a VERY broad range of music (which isn't bad - just sometimes I don't want to listen to C&W hour!! ;) )

In Adelaide i listen to 3D( community radio/mixed bag) or its ABC classic.

Other than that its metal on Disc.

triple mullet
"wish you were here" - over and over :super:

chockablockarockanacanaicycoldcoke oh yeah B)

I agree.. jjj has gone downhill big time. Used to have it on all the time at work, now i have it on sometimes for 2 minutes and hear absolute shite, then start throwing stuff at the radio...
JJJ.. not what it once was...

Maybe you knockers are showing your age?

Scott

I almost posted that earlier, Scott. If you're slapping on the metal, Dave, then you're probably not going to like Ben and Bernard. I must admit I don't like Bernard either though.

:huh: Glen who? & someone Denver? :blink:

Hahaha I can't argue with that.

As with my appreciation for different styles of beer so is my appreciation for a diverse range of music styles :party:

regards
Scott

heh, i would have to agree with the majority of posters concerning jjj. i have been very disappointed with their efforts the last year. I got a joke on the morning show (jay+doc) through text message and got on one of the midnight shows cause unfortunatly i drive to sydney every day for shift work. But that also means i get to switch over to Fbi 94.5 in syd who play the sort of stuff that jjj used to.i recently got a neilsen survey where you got a chance to feedback to the stations and i had to give jjj a bit of stick. they are playing 40% of the playlist of i98 ( crap best of 70s 80s and 90s station) and are no longer being pioneering :( the only person worth listening to on jjjs i reckon would be terri psiakis or maybe on a good day scott dooley, but since his does more radio hours now he seems like a one joke pony. his 100 call countdown for perth the other day was PAINFUL!! :p
i might have to start listening to (gasp) AM.................................... or not.

Tonight Dave played Dolly Parton's Nine to Five.

As much as I love the modern stuff JJJ play I reckon it's time for a Country revolution!

Go the Irish man on the inside. The Irish know all about taking on the big fellas.

All the best Dave.

regards
Scott

Tonight Dave played Dolly Parton's Nine to Five.

I reckon it's time for a Country revolution!

regards
Scott

So you MUST have the Foxtel on at home then....stuck on CMC?? (Country Music Channel)

Maybe you knockers are showing your age?

Scott

Or maybe JJJ has taken a major lurch towards what's quasi commercial and popular on the fringes ,rather than being cutting edge anymore!
It's got nothing to do with my age (37).I despise all those bogon, redneck has been playlist radio stations as well.

All I want is pure ,not regurgitated or manufactured, or completely softcock.

No body has written or sung a truly heartfelt,soulful, tortured song since jeff buckley died.

today as I put on the radio driving home from work he was bitching about all the SMS's he's recieved requesting Dollie Parton!

HEH HEH, sounds like poetic justice to me!! :D

although just between you and me i have been listening to the brewCRAZY podcasts and he has found some ripper country songs which he plays right at the end, with "i'm a beer man" a standout track, and best chorus line being " its beer thirty... in honky tonk toooooown...." in another.
never thought much of country music before, and i blame john butler trio.i can feel myself being slowly converted to country by the slide guitars.. :eek:

Latest posts

Back