It Was 40 Years Ago Today, Sgt Pepper Taught The Band To Play...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep a few bottle to try at the 3 month mark, you'll be supprised at how much better some beers can get, especially K&K's. Good job

Well I'll be damned - not the best beer I've ever tasted, a bit sweet for my palate, doesn't hold a head all that well - but yes - quite drinkable.

I'm happy enough for my first try in the modern age.

...and presumably it will improve with another few weeks in the bottle.

Thanks for all the help people.

Nice one, mate. It's a slippery slope you've started down. :icon_cheers:

one serious problem... they're..... a wee bit... more-ish... :chug:

Yes, will keep at least half of the batch for 2-3 months if only to see how much difference it makes (so MUST get more on)

Hops - yeah must do some more research on this - I am sure I have palate that enjoys some bitterness more than most so this is very important to me.

observations:

I poured, say, about 3/4 - 7/8 on first try - beer was very clear.

At the end of drinking that I thought it was a waste to ditch the dregs - so gave them a go - and hey - I think it was even tastier - OK I know the consumption of the first 3/4 may have had something to do with that, but if it doesn't induce a bad hangover, I think I may be a convert to "cloudy beer".

Beer only retains head for a shortish time - but the lack of a head doesn't seem to diminish the enjoyment too much - there is still quite a reasonable amount of carbonation to the taste/tongue.

This is definitely a beer to serve well chilled (due mostly to the sweetness).

If this is the worst it gets - I have a LOT to look forward too...

Cheers... (hic)

Good news, temper!

Remember to try to hang on to some for long term tasting so you get a good idea of how time can effect each recipe. I know it is hard.

Latest posts

Back