Drop It Like Its Hot!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agorganic

Reaction score
I was at a wolf mother gig in Geelong years back at a pub with a good mate, before they got big, and the place was pretty crowded. The cover bands had just about finished, so I decided it would be a great idea to order two pots b4 wolf mother came on stage, as I knew it would be impossible to move about once they started playing. Got my beers and the bar was pretty busy, no where to stand nearby without some noob knocking into you as they turned from bar with there own drinks and then there were the drunkards trying to push upto the bar. So I took my two beers up near the stage, as there was pratically hardly anyone there.

Looking around for my mate to give him his drink, all of sudden wolf mother was announced they were coming out.....within seconds a large throng of people come charging from the bar over to the stage, squishing in tighter and tighter and then start jumping about. No chance I'm getting through them, of course I'm already trying to guzzle beer from each pot as beer is spilling out with the glass and my hands all wet with beer. Then some boggan pushes me from behind into the guy in front of me, I managed to not spill the beer all on the people in front of me, but then the person in front pushed slightly backwards and the two pots instantaneously slip from my fat grubby fingers grip and fall to the floor splashing over the bottom of guys pants and girls bare legs and feet.

I get some greasies, though motion it was the guy fault behind me...lol sucker. Everyone is jumping and before I manage to locate the pot glasses, they disappear into the throng. Oh well I think, no great loss...time to party.

I am centre stage, 3 people back and end up motioning to the people next to me that I want to crowd surf....with some effort I get hoisted in the air fondled a little and then some dumb arses start heavily jostling me forward into the sea of raised arms of people in front... who are not expecting an 80kg person to be lunged from behind over their heads and therefore don't catch me. I fall from a height of 7 ft in a lying down position and crash into the ground and hear a loud crunch as my back meets the ground.

Worried I'll be swallowed by still others in front of me jumping unaware that I lay beneath the feet of those behind them I raise my arm and yell out help in vain of the deafening music before I'm trampled. I finally get some help up from the floor and continue to drink, later on realising the guy responsible for the initial push in the back that lost my beers was also who shoved me forward while surfing that sent me into the crowd in front. He was sporting a kiddie bandage on his noise, guess karma works and I roar out laughing and point at his noise, he trys accusing me of hitting him, but I say "Have you seen the bandage they used? It wasn't me!"

Anyway on the way home, my mate states "Your bleeding!?"

"What do you mean I'm bleeding?" I say.

"Your shirts covered in blood" He says.

I lift my shirt and touch my skin that has been gouged and feels like the shape of a deep bite mark in my back at the top of my hip..."I think someone bit me when I fell down from crowd surfing....no wait a minute, those pot glasses I dropped I must have found them when I fell...or they found me! **** that hurts lol"

Of course it was several hours on by this stage and I'd stopped bleeding by then, got a nice scar though...lucky it was only superficial and nothing too serious. But I wreckon it could have turned out alot worse and my luck was with me that night. hahaha

Could have been a lot worse! very close to seeing your next gig in a wheel chair I reckon.

Bloody crazy serving glass and concerts I reckon!

<mask voice as some crazy old fart on a rocking chair polishing a double barrel shot gun......and repeat>

Crazy young kids, back in my day watching TISM when they were still playing the Barwon Club in the back room we all drank from beer glasses, beer in plastic was just some tossers unborn idea in the back room of Fosters promotions department before Carlton Cold or whatever the heck that junk was.

No one got glassed, no one crashed down from crowd surfing onto a glass on the floor....etc.etc.etc.

Now, get off my lawn and stop fooling around, someones gonna lose an eye!

Remember the days when you'd come home from a gig and your clothes smelt like an ashtray?

I somehow always injured myself crowdsurfing/stagediving at Tumbleweed gigs.

And then there were those all ages gigs where you help one kid up, then every other kid expects you're a human ladder. Gig and a workout!

Latest posts

Back