Counter-pressure growler filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get beer guns that run c02 and beer lines, co2 purges the keg just before you fill, you can get them on eBay for about $40 but not a counter pressure as such!

Lethaldog said:
You can get beer guns that run c02 and beer lines, co2 purges the keg just before you fill, you can get them on eBay for about $40 but not a counter pressure as such!

Thanks Lethaldog!

For a 2L growler have you tried just pouring from the tap? (Could also use a bit of tubing). I have had success with this into a 2l coke bottle at 6psi dispensing pressure with the bottle on a steep angle to the tap.

Ross at craftbrewer has re-engineered a growler dispenser to be a counter pressure filler. When I was over at Bacchus having a glass or two he said that it's made from parts that they sell. I'm sure if you sent him an email or PM on here he would let you know the design.

grott said:
For a 2L growler have you tried just pouring from the tap? (Could also use a bit of tubing). I have had success with this into a 2l coke bottle at 6psi dispensing pressure with the bottle on a steep angle to the tap.
Yep, I try to keep things simple too. Stick a bit of hose up the tap and I can fill a growler with almost no foam and it stays good for at least 4 days which is the longest I've resisted drinking it.

Latest posts

Back