Counter pressure can filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS

Why tell us they’re getting them (KK) and dangle the carrot with estimating stock arrival, only to bail on the product and not let us know. I have been waiting for months and not likely to get one now.:mad:

I felt the same way.
Pretty upsetting.
Maybe we can all make a difference by contacting tapcooler and letting them know we want these in Australia even if KK wount bring them in.
That way tapcooler might force their hand or look for a different distributer.

After speaking to a person from another supplier and also doing some research the idea of counter pressure filling for canning may not be the way to go as the foam holds co2 which helps to eliminate oxygen in the can. By just filling with liquid to the counter pressure “lid” when removing the can you then have exposure to o2
All production lines that I have seen open fill their cans with a Co2 purge and fill with foam on the top prior to capping
So I won’t be making a counter pressure lid for my fill station

After speaking to a person from another supplier and also doing some research the idea of counter pressure filling for canning may not be the way to go as the foam holds co2 which helps to eliminate oxygen in the can. By just filling with liquid to the counter pressure “lid” when removing the can you then have exposure to o2
All production lines that I have seen open fill their cans with a Co2 purge and fill with foam on the top prior to capping
So I won’t be making a counter pressure lid for my fill station

You can get foam on top using the tapcooler can filler.
They have a few videos out now and they actually all say to make sure you cap on foam and show you how to create it inside your pressure sealed can.

It's definatly got my vote, money set aside and waiting!

Spoke to @Keg King today and they informed me they wount be stocking the can filler :(

I emailed tapcooler and they have them available though needs to be recalled through their distributors.

Tapcooler were surprised by the news and informed me they would discuss with kegking and if need be look at other distributorship.

Hopefully we get these here in Aus soon.

And hopefully this decision isn't based on kegking not selling a canning mashine thus they don't need to seek can fillers :(

Whatever happens I don't think there will be a resolution in 2019, let alone any stock for filling people's Christmas wishes
Not sure who you spoke to at Keg King but you have the wrong information. Tapcooler have a small space on our stand at the big Brew expo in Germany next week and I will see the unit on our stand. Fairly sure it will be part of our kit this year. Your post and email sound a bit like you are stirring and for the wrong reasons. Do you think for one minute that the cooperation we have with Tapcooler is in need of this? When we find a good seamer that fits Aussie homebrew Budgets then we will also add that.

Not sure who you spoke to at Keg King but you have the wrong information. Tapcooler have a small space on our stand at the big Brew expo in Germany next week and I will see the unit on our stand. Fairly sure it will be part of our kit this year. Your post and email sound a bit like you are stirring and for the wrong reasons. Do you think for one minute that the cooperation we have with Tapcooler is in need of this? When we find a good seamer that fits Aussie homebrew Budgets then we will also add that.

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not trying to stir at all.
I spoke to two different employees of yours over the course of a week.
One informed me he would look into it and email me which he didn't, so later in the week I spoke to an employee who called me back and informed me you wouldn't be stocking them.

I asked if you would add a special order into your next tapcooler order and he said he'd need to get special permission but it'd be unlikely due to market competition.

Hence I emailed tapcooler and informed them the Australian supplier hadn't intended stocking their canner and asked if they could provide alternate means to procure one here in Aus.

Yes I'm trying to ensure the Australian consumer has access to brewing equipment regardless of competition etc of competitors.
I am a customer of both Keg king and KegLand and I share my purchases fairly evenly between the two of you so I'm in no way trying to do wrong by you there.
Though I was pretty cut up reading here and speaking you your staff last 3 month's that you'd get them to over the last week being told you wouldn't. And if you are, that's great, I'm very relived, and will 100% purchase one, but your employees shouldn't then be telling people you wount stock them.

Cheers

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not trying to stir at all.
I spoke to two different employees of yours over the course of a week.
One informed me he would look into it and email me which he didn't, so later in the week I spoke to an employee who called me back and informed me you wouldn't be stocking them.

I asked if you would add a special order into your next tapcooler order and he said he'd need to get special permission but it'd be unlikely due to market competition.

Hence I emailed tapcooler and informed them the Australian supplier hadn't intended stocking their canner and asked if they could provide alternate means to procure one here in Aus.

Yes I'm trying to ensure the Australian consumer has access to brewing equipment regardless of competition etc of competitors.
I am a customer of both Keg king and KegLand and I share my purchases fairly evenly between the two of you so I'm in no way trying to do wrong by you there.
Though I was pretty cut up reading here and speaking you your staff last 3 month's that you'd get them to over the last week being told you wouldn't. And if you are, that's great, I'm very relived, and will 100% purchase one, but your employees shouldn't then be telling people you wount stock them.

Cheers
Well I don‘t recall discussing this with any of our employees as it was not the time for such decisions but if you can tell me who they were I will follow it up. Before I add any product we usually work through what is needed and this case is no different. Having the opportunity that we have by having Tapcooler work with us next week it was logical that we bring this on after we see it in action next week. We value our customers and we try to offer stuff that works well and is in the right price range. Spare us the thoughts about those ex employees of ours. They are just not relevant to what we do and you bringing them up concerns me that our message is being distorted yet again.

@CEO Keg King , I'd be happy to discuss the more finer details via PM as I now feel we are getting a bit off track of the product in discussion. I'd hate to ruin the thread with he said, she said, jibber jabber.

Tor @Tapcooler seemed quiet excited to be presenting along side you at the BrauBeviale in German next week. I hope everything goes great.
I really do hope that this bit of kit is everything it it cracked up to be, I'd love to see it on Australian shelfs.

Given the break down in communication between your staff and higher management regarding the stocking of this item, I'd really appreciate you reaching out and letting me know how it goes, what you think of the product and when you'd be likely to bring them to Australia. I think this would go a long way in eliminating any misleading information your employees may provide regarding this topic in the future.

@CEO Keg King , I'd be happy to discuss the more finer details via PM as I now feel we are getting a bit off track of the product in discussion. I'd hate to ruin the thread with he said, she said, jibber jabber.

Tor @Tapcooler seemed quiet excited to be presenting along side you at the BrauBeviale in German next week. I hope everything goes great.
I really do hope that this bit of kit is everything it it cracked up to be, I'd love to see it on Australian shelfs.

Given the break down in communication between your staff and higher management regarding the stocking of this item, I'd really appreciate you reaching out and letting me know how it goes, what you think of the product and when you'd be likely to bring them to Australia. I think this would go a long way in eliminating any misleading information your employees may provide regarding this topic in the future.

You say you are not stirring but then chuck mud about a non existent breakdown of communications rather than PM as you suggest. By all means lets stick to the subject. PM me about who you believe gave you wrong information. I strongly suspect that if there was any information given about this then it has been misinterpreted. Normally such decisions are not communicated to staff until all the t‘s are crossed and i‘s dotted. Look forward to hearing from you via PM on who you communicated with on this. Otherwise its as you said she said he said and meaningless. I take this sort of thing seriously if it has happened.

Just so members know is that this item has only become available recently and we were hoping to find a good seamer to go with it. Having tapcooler join us in Germany gives us the chance to work with them and make sure that when we offer it that all is covered. The bottle filler has worked very well and we plan to have the same with the can filler. We work very hard to bring good quality products to our customers and we are very proud to show our gear to the world as we are doing in the coming week at the biggest brew show in Europe.

Last edited:
@CEO Keg King I've PMd you...

I really do hope the brew show goes well, and that we see some can fillers sooner then later.

Do you think we will have to wait till you have can seemers? Or are you likely to stock them once you've seen them in action at the show? If so I'll take one ;)

I know a few people with canning mashines from aliexpress. Although they have exposed mechanisms, so may not be all that safe for retail?
Aliexpress canning mashines going for around 450-600 AUD delivered per unit. And through Alibaba you can get 100 units for as low as 350bucks a peice plus shipping.

@CEO Keg King I've PMd you...

I really do hope the brew show goes well, and that we see some can fillers sooner then later.

Do you think we will have to wait till you have can seemers? Or are you likely to stock them once you've seen them in action at the show? If so I'll take one ;)

I know a few people with canning mashines from aliexpress. Although they have exposed mechanisms, so may not be all that safe for retail?
Aliexpress canning mashines going for around 450-600 AUD delivered per unit. And through Alibaba you can get 100 units for as low as 350bucks a peice plus shipping.
Well I will get back about this during the week but expect the reply to be positive. If we can get some samples to bring back I will let you know asap. No we will not wait for the seamers.

Well I will get back about this during the week but expect the reply to be positive. If we can get some samples to bring back I will let you know asap. No we will not wait for the seamers.

This pleases me. Cant wait to get one
Thanks for the PM

Does anyone have a link to the Tapcooler product or has it not been released yet?

I have one of the Chinese canning machines. Yes the sealing mechanism is exposed but I’ve never had a problem with it, however I am going to make a Perspex screen to cover that area. The main purpose of the screen is to shield the foam that spins from the can when it is spun

I have a brand new never used tapcooler bottle filler for sale
$90 + postage
I also have a bottle gun for $50
I’ve replaced both with a normal counter pressure filler that I have made a mount for it for open top filling both growlers and cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back