Coopers Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am reading this thread with interest. I have a coopers stout and some out of date pilsner cans. Do you reckon I can do a toucan with the stout and pilsner? I am not too sure if the hops will go together.

Old expired tins of extract can give off flavors. But if it were me and I wantted to use them up, I'd use them in a stout where the big robust flavors might cover up any off flavors.

Wouldn't worry too much about the hop balance of the stout/pilsner tins. Any Saaz aroma from the Pilsner (if it had any to start with) will probably be overpowered by the stout.

I am reading this thread with interest. I have a coopers stout and some out of date pilsner cans. Do you reckon I can do a toucan with the stout and pilsner? I am not too sure if the hops will go together.

Ive done a few coopers Pilsners and while I rate it as a kit, the saaz hop flavour and aromas are next to none in the kit, and therefore cannot forsee any issues using it in a toucan. I would NOT use the pilsner yeast though, maybe upgrade to S04 I am a little biased to this atm, or a cooper reculture from the pale ale.

If memory serves me correct if you add a can of the dark ale you will have their recipe for a RIS, if your game. Good luck, FYI i just put down a Coopers Stout with 1 kg of Dark Malt and 500g sugar.

sounds good guys
I have some notthingham and s04 so I will do either one.
Thanks.

have a coopers toucan stout on the go now, looking ok..even though the temperature was a bit high when i pitched the yeast, finding it hard to drop it any lower than 22degrees in this weather!

Back