Coopers Store Free Shipping Now > 17th Jul. What Should I (we) Grab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slash22000

Stereotypical Lupulin Addict
Reaction score
G'day guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, topic didn't seem to fit into any of the others.

The Coopers online store has Australia wide free shipping till the 17th! :eek: I live in Darwin and I've never been able to get my hands on any of the "premium" Coopers kits (e.g. Selection series) before, only whatever Original Series that Big W etc have on the shelves that week.

I've heard great things about the "Thomas Coopers IPA"? Reckon it's worth grabbing a couple of them while it's cheap and chucking them in the fridge till I can brew them up? They should keep a few weeks right? Anybody with any experience with the kit?

How about the cans of plain malt extract? I see extract recipies all the time that call for a can of extract rather than sugars etc but again I've never been able to get them.

Sorry if this is somewhat rambling, just thought I'd bring the free shipping to everybody's attention, and hope for a few tips!

Cheers.

The Thomas Coopers IPA is one of the best so worth while getting The Irish stout is also quite good I am doing a toucan with one I got from the last free shipping offer.

No real need to refrigerate even in Darwin the best by date should be well into the future. I would also pick up some of the liquid malt cans while you are ordering they will come in handy. No homebrew shops in Darwin?

The only thing with my shipment that came was all the cans were dented to some degree maybe the posties were playing football.

Buying direct you'd hope to get fresher tins, from memory the expiry date is something like 12 months +, even when I buy kits from BigW the expiry is a decent time away. Same should go with the extract cans

Yeah the only time I ordered from them, which was the last time they had the free shipping thing, most of the cans were slightly dented.

My kit days are well and truly over, but I do remember the Thomas Coopers selection kits were pretty good. Unless you plan to boil hops I wouldn't grab a plain malted tin. The IPA should have a decent amount of hopped malty goodness.

For God's sake get yourself some temperature control or it won't matter what bloody kit you get. You live in a hot and humid part of Australia, and you'll ruin your beer by not fementing at an acceptable temp. At the very most 24C. Get some decent yeast and you should have a drinkable brew.

Just looked on the website and the sparkling ale pack looks like good value with free shipping

I just brewed with the Thomas Coopers Selection Stout and I can totally recommend it, outstanding taste for a kit.

Just fired through my order for a bit over three hundred bucks worth of stuff. Thanks for the heads up!!

If you are going to stock up and intend to use the kit yeast, you may want to remove the yeast from the cans, label them and put them in the fridge.

Yup, couple of hundy of LME coming my way. SWEET!

Ginger Beer Tin - From Coopers $12. From Big W $10.94

Why is it cheaper to get it from Big W than direct from Coopers?

I noticed that too...even my LHBS is a few dollars cheaper...more than likely they get "dealer" pricing and then are only given a "recommended" retail price

If you join up to their homebrew club, The Guild, you get 10% off every purchase, which makes it a little cheaper than Big W. I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, mainly stuff that I can't find in normal stores.

Thanks for the heads up, both on the sale and on the membership. Just spent enought to upset my wife.. :)

Didn't know about the 10% discount for a member, just ordered my next batch.

IPA on the way! :chug:

All my stuff just turned up. That was quick. B)

I got my shipment notices after I got my stuff. Im in SA too; priority?

Back