Coopers Sparkling Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMK
That's the keg I have cracked tonight , Coopers Sparkling Ale as per instructions , except...20gm of POR dry hop in priamary for 8 days , then racked , 6 days , CC 16 days

No sweetness compared with the last one I did ( no POR ) , quite hoppy and not like a commercial Sparking I am afraid , more bitter, but quite a nice drop.

I perfer it to to origanal one I made

Don't know if I'll worry about doing another

peter said:
so is the general consensus that coopers sparkling ale done as per instructionsis just ok?
ithought that this one is meant to be a balltearer of a brew from the reports ive got.
Is it worth a go?
All brews are worth having a go :D :chug:
As to whether they are worth doing twice, thats a different matter

well i would say it is better than ok... especially as far as K&K is concerned. It's just trying to replicate the original that is tough... there are so many elements... but in particular it is darker, sweeter and maltier, and not quite as smooth... but then again, i doubt coopers would design a kit that would allow us to get too close to their coveted brand

Well I can't agree on that one , I think there are lots of kits that are better ( hey ! that's my taste )

I fact I don't like it , and I love Coopers Sparkling Ale B)

I prefer Coopers Lager in K&K

Good news Batz! Coopers are following up the stunning success of Sparkling Ale in a kit with .....

Pale Ale in a kit :eek: . Coming to an HBS near you (or maybe not so near in your case Batz :D ), in the International Series (Bavarian Lager and Canadian Blonde), is Coopers Original Australian Pale Ale.

From the latest Coopers Club Newsletter, Dr Tim says "We think we have developed a home brew concentrate that, when brewed strictly to the instructions, is as close as possible to our bottled product."

Instructions say use Coopers Brew enhancer 2, but 500g light dme and 250g sugar/dextrose is also kosher. Can yeast "produces those fruity esters and clean finish that Pale Ale drinkers love." Or, cultivate from bottle dregs.

Best of all, the article finishes with: "Please take time to read the instructions supplied under the lid." Unless the instructions have changed radically, that's time out of your life you will never get back.

Salivating yet Batz? :p

Put simply

No :blink:

Dammit, someone told me this today at work and i was like

eah ok Sam, I think your confused with the Sparkling Ale in the Dr Thomas Coopers series"

Shit Shit Shit

Ok, When is it hitting the shelf

Ben

PS: that 500 LME and 250 Dex is a bit plain... HAve to modify me thinks

Suppose to hit the selves mid April

just had the regular ale a couple of weeks ago, and think the sparkling is far better. personally, if i saw the two kits, i wouldnt really consider trying the original australian pale. there are plenty of others i would want to try first even if i wasnt doing another sparkling.
joe

I just picked up the Coopers Sparkling Ale kit with the 1.5kg Coopers lme & bag of stuff the HBS shop calls OOMPH. Its the 500g dry malt & 300 dex. Plus i got 25g of CHALENGER hops, half to taste half to dry hop. Cant wait to get this puppy pumping. I will let u know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back