Coopers Or Tooheys Kit And Kilo Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
Ive got a few more kits of tooheys and coopers left with mixes of BEH1 and 2 plus the tooheys liquid brewing sugar...question is...regardless of which tin i use....if i was to add in the tin of liquid brewing sugar and a kilo of BE1 or 2 with either a coopers lager tin or tooheys lager tin....ferment for 7 days....would it be a stronger beer?

...Ive just bottled a batch of becks style beer (new zealand black rock pilsener blonde with australian lager concentrate #50 (it has tettnanger hops in it with corn syrup/malt extract and dextrose) and threw in hallertau hops after 3 days fermenting. Ive had a few blokes try it and one gave a 8/10....another said it tasted pretty good and was like hoeegarden (think its how its spelt).....next batch will be regarding the above....

if i was to add in the tin of liquid brewing sugar and a kilo of BE1 or 2 with either a coopers lager tin or tooheys lager tin....ferment for 7 days....would it be a stronger beer?

Yes... it'll be stronger 'casue you're adding more fermentables. Will it be a better tasting beer?... probably not. But worth a go if that's what you want

I wouldn't put more than one kg of eitherliquid sugar or brew enhancer into a brew.
If you want stronger beer add some more malt, either as dry malt that you dissolve in bioling water
or liquid malt that comes in a can and gets added like the kit can.

This will result in beer that is strnger AND better, and better still if you pop in some hops when you boil the dry malt.

I wouldn't put more than one kg of eitherliquid sugar or brew enhancer into a brew.
If you want stronger beer add some more malt, either as dry malt that you dissolve in bioling water
or liquid malt that comes in a can and gets added like the kit can.

This will result in beer that is strnger AND better, and better still if you pop in some hops when you boil the dry malt.

+1 to that!
Liquid sugar or BE will increase your alc %, but do very little for body, mouthfeel, flavour, head retention.
Add extra LME or DME to get a better beer but offset the additional sweetness with some hops.

Latest posts

Back