Coopers is releasing a new beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers Water

Low carb, and low on taste. What all mega swill drinkers want.

I asked the hotel on Victoria street when they will be connecting the keg of Coopers Vintage for people to try this afternoon. They said there were no plans to do so at this stage, and to keep checking back.

So, for anyone that may have better connections, please post the date here. I would like to try one fresh.

QldKev said:
Coopers Water

Low carb, and low on taste. What all mega swill drinkers want.

They'd get sued by Bundaberg for being too similar to "Eclectic Vodka and Water"

I bet if they sold carbonated water in clear beer bottles it would sell because there are enough stupid around to believe its cool.

thumbs down for another lager

thumbs up in anticipation of something "quirky" that hopefully isn't shit.

practicalfool said:
I bet if they sold carbonated water in clear beer bottles it would sell because there are enough stupid around to believe its cool.
Are you referring to Craft beer drinkers who pay $12 a Schooner for 'a better beer'....

shaunous said:
Are you referring to Craft beer drinkers who pay $12 a Schooner for 'a better beer'....
Thank **** corona isn't served on tap here, lets the Aussie water makers have a go at the tap market...

PS: I can think of some beers I'd pay 12 bucks a pint for.

Me too, once for a taste, but not have sessions on it. Been to Scratch in Brissy twice, Yeh the beer was good, but would I go there regularly, Fuk no...

Kinda the same here. I do get excited about a visit to the taphouse in melb or a place that lets you buy good beer per large bottle. Works out cheaper than the ridiculous per glass prices they charge. Personally, it is easier for me to buy a 750ml or two of something nice and take it to a nice place to eat. We just pretend we didn't know such a fancy bottle is just for beer :p

They should just produce Vintage as a regular brew I like the 2013 offering.

I cant think of a lager that coopers have done that wasn't horrid

I wish coopers stopped trying the make alters, they fail every time they should buy a heap of St Agnes brandy barrels, and make a shopping old extra stout to fill them for 3 months

shaunous said:
Me too, once for a taste, but not have sessions on it. Been to Scratch in Brissy twice, Yeh the beer was good, but would I go there regularly, Fuk no...

Whoa really? They rotate the taps regularly enough to try something new every time (usually mind-blowing!). It's expensive, of course, but I usually don't spend more than 20 before heading back to the pub (my house).

It's also one of few pubs where you can hear your conversation.

practicalfool said:
Kinda the same here. I do get excited about a visit to the taphouse in melb or a place that lets you buy good beer per large bottle. Works out cheaper than the ridiculous per glass prices they charge. Personally, it is easier for me to buy a 750ml or two of something nice and take it to a nice place to eat. We just pretend we didn't know such a fancy bottle is just for beer :p
I don't really understand paying money for a bottle of pretty much anything at a bar or pub.
I can buy that a bottle shop, generally, and for a lot cheaper - generally.

Tap beer on the other hand...

Yeah, I usually ride the taps. Got a friend who buys a $30-or-so bottle every time.

Freighting beer from overseas is very expensive - generally.

Yea, true. Up in qld though, not that much could be had at the setting of your choice on tap. Besides the few awesome pubs, the places closeby usually have bottles or avg beer. The amazing pubs have sometimes avg food(or rather small selection, esp for vego even tho a few staff are vego too!).

Down south is different. I was amazed a year ago when in Melbourne at a small function at a pub I saw craft beer on tap. And it was pretty usual to have 2-3 good beers on tap at these places, a few places on the street in south Yarra. Then again, recent visit to melb, I noticed a burger bar that serves over the counter and burgers cost like 4.80 etc. man, civilisation! Seriously, nitro frozen gelato, little places with different ethnic foods, served by the 'we'll just bring you food' idea. Mind blown. Bring it. Very ot this but the selection of bottles sometimes trumps anything on tap at a nice venue.

practicalfool said:
Thank **** corona isn't served on tap here, lets the Aussie water makers have a go at the tap market...
Interesting fact: Corona isn't served on tap anywhere, not even in Mexico. They do sell it in 1.2L bottles though.

Wana try a decent lager. Get ya hands on one of these. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381999284.123224.jpg

phoneyhuh said:
Interesting fact: Corona isn't served on tap anywhere, not even in Mexico. They do sell it in 1.2L bottles though.
What's this for then?

img_2411.jpg

Back